iPhone locked to NZ SIM

Starter Poster

Re: iPhone locked to NZ SIM

by Keith1 Starter Poster
Message 11 of 16 (150 Views)

Hi Nick,

I have just PM'd you the IMEI number as requesed. 

I have put the NZ travel sim back in the phone this evening to see what happens and interestingly when I check in "General" & "About" the phone is on the Vodafone UK network and is not listed as "Phone not allowed" as it does with the UK sim installed. 

Interested in your thoughts on this. 

On the back of information and failure to get this resolved that QuinWP has noted in this posting, I have today purhased a replacement iPhone from Apple. I run my own business and can't afford to be without a phone even for 24 hours let alone 8 weeks.  

Still hoping this can be resolved. 

KH

Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 12 of 16 (149 Views)

So with the VFNZ Sim in the device it is attaching to the VFUK network, hence why you are seeing that on the phone. The VFNZ sim is roaming as such on VFUK

Starter Poster

by Keith1 Starter Poster
Message 13 of 16 (147 Views)

Yes, so it seems, but why would it not block the phone as per the UK Vodafone sim?? Is the IMEI system not international??

It looks like the VNZ sim has taken the phone for its own and now my UK sim is being blocked much like when you buy a phone on a 2 year contract, the phone is locked into that network and does not let the phone work with any other network...

KH

Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 14 of 16 (128 Views)

IMIE system is international. Honestly contact Apple they are the only ones who can help you out here sorry. Have you tried a factory reset with the UK sim in the device. That is the only thing I can think of

Starter Poster

by Keith1 Starter Poster
Message 15 of 16 (120 Views)

A factory reset with the UK sim in place was the very first thing I did to try to rectify this. 

I will make an appointment at the apple store to get there view/see if they can fix it. I will report back to you both what they say. 

KH

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 16 of 16 (118 Views)

Cool. the question I would put to apple when you see them is this.

Can a Mobile carrier access the iPhones OS to make it not work on 1 carrier but work on another. I think that would be a large security issue if so. Good luck

Stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors