iMessage

Highlighted
Starter Poster

iMessage

by itstylah Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (788 Views)

I have just gotten off the phone with someone from Apple Support to fix my iMessage and they have told me about possible charges Vodafone may be doing to activate iMessage. Is it necessary to have money in the account balance to activate iMessage on my iPhone? 

Posted from Apple iPhone
Expert Contributor

Re: iMessage

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (784 Views)

Absolutely your phone needs to send a international SMS to activate imessage and facetime

So you might have to pay around 60 Cents for 2 texts.

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (776 Views)
Just wondering why have I never had this problem before? Using wifi to send iMessage always seemed to work fine with me even without any money in my account balance
Posted from Apple iPhone
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 4 of 6 (774 Views)

yeah But that's to send them once already setup. you told me you are trying to activate imessage.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (772 Views)
Okay I understand now. So it will only cost to set up? & another question sorry is that I keep getting messages from Vodafone saying I don’t have enough credit to send a text message but I haven’t been sending any messages. Is there a solution to that please?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 6 of 6 (710 Views)

That will in all likihood be the imessage attempting to activate. It will continue to send this (invisible) SMS request to the +44 number until such a time as it finally delivers.

To stop the activation requests you can disable iMessage in your phone settings until such time as there is suffient credit on your balance to allow it to go through.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors