iMessage fails to activate - same with Facetime

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

iMessage fails to activate - same with Facetime

by kevinh89 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (374 Views)

Hi Y'all,

Yesterday morning I ported my number from Spark to Vodafon. All good but then I started getting those messages from iMessage saying activation failed. As usual vodafone recommended to reboot network setting which I did but it didn't help.

I can see my iMessage activates for my @gmail.com address and so does for my @icloud.com, but my nz number keeps failing and never succeeding.

Do I just need to wait a few days and try again or is there any other workaround here?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

Re: iMessage fails to activate - same with Facetime

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 4 (370 Views)

Hi there. Shoudn't be any problems.

Is this a prepay connection you have? If so Facetime/iMessages activates by sending a one off 'invisible' txt to a server in the UK. Needless to say this is still an international SMS so if you haven't got sufficient credit the sms will fail.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 4 (367 Views)
I do have credit. I see the messages going out on the usage section in the vodafone app but it fails to activate imessage with my local number. It is a prepay my flex yes.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 4 (342 Views)
Four days later, it was just a matter of waiting for Apple records to process my number ported and being able to respond the activation correctly. Nothing to do with Vodafone.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors