Vodafone???!! 4G constantly dropping on NEW iPhone 11 Pro and NOT reconnecting!

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone???!! 4G constantly dropping on NEW iPhone 11 Pro and NOT reconnecting!

[ Edited ]
by AndrewHarding Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (231 Views)

Purchased two weeks ago, iPhone 11 Pro from Vodafone. Works perfect, however generally once a day it will drop it's 4G connection and revert back to 3G, no matter where I am, and always in a strong 4G area, and  It won't go back to 4G EVER unless I toggle off Airplane mode, reset network settings OR restart the phone - A giant pain in the arse! WiFi works fine...

Yes, have reset network, restarted, wiped clean and re-installed from iCloud, re-inserted SIM - issue still persists?! Any idea's? The overseas phone based support was useless as I could not understand a thing they were saying due to their accent! VF did re-push the network settings to my mobile to no avail...

Any ideas as to whether this is a handset or network issue??? Just want it fixed as it's clearly not working as it should...

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone???!! 4G constantly dropping on NEW iPhone 11 Pro and NOT reconnecting!

by KentHuntley Starter Poster
Message 2 of 5 (201 Views)

I'm having this exact issue with my iPhone XR - purchased from Noel Leeming 2 months ago - I've checked and reset the Mobile Nedtwork settings and still having the same issues!!

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

Re: Vodafone???!! 4G constantly dropping on NEW iPhone 11 Pro and NOT reconnecting!

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 5 (189 Views)

Hey guys. Are you able to send me a private message with your number and approximate locations you've been experiencing this problem. Cheers.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by AndrewHarding Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (184 Views)

Hi Nigel / Kent, an update to this is it seams to have sorted itself out... fingers crossed. Sebastian (VF Ninja... who is bloody awesome to deal with by the way!!!) suggested toggling on and off VoLTE voice and data which I did... made no difference initially, however for the past 3-4 days it's been behaving as it should (VoLTE is on) so I'm hoping this simple move did something?

I do live right in front of the "Hataitai North" 4G cell tower, so really... 4G should NOT be an issue, I'm guessing it could have been something to do with the cell tower. I'll report back in a few days as to stability, but so far so good...

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 5 (182 Views)

Cheers for the feedback Andrew Smiley Happy Hopefully the same applies for Kent.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 12w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors