Prepaid SIM dropping off network

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Prepaid SIM dropping off network

by BruceCooke Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (898 Views)

I have an iPad Mini running IOS12.1.1 It has a prepay SIM card

A few weeks ago, just after an IOS update, it ceased connecting to Modile Data. the MyVodafone app worked OK and showed I had plenty of credit, signal strength etc was excellent. Simply wouldnt allow internet access. WiFi etc was fine, no problems with that. Went to Vodafone at the Base Te Rapa, they did some swapping and found the SIM wouldnt work in thier test device, and the test device SIM worked OK in my iPad (which suggests a SIM fault). The account settings were checked and were fine, so transferred to a new SIM but it still didnt work. they eventually set up a brand new prepay SIM account from scratch. It initially didnt work either, but they put it in the test phone and it set UP Ok, then back in the iPad and it worked fine for the next few weeks. I've just done another IOS update (to 12.1.1) and its lost internet access again. Identical behaviour to the previous fault.  whats happening?

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Prepaid SIM dropping off network

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 5 (895 Views)

> Can you check the APN (Access Point Name) in the iPad's settings is correctly set as 'vodafone' (no quote marks)

> Try 'Reset Network Settings' on the iPad

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (891 Views)

Done that, no change

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 5 (864 Views)

So the APN is correctly set ? 

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (862 Views)

Went into Vodafone store today and got it sorted. The bloke who swapped the SIM card over originally had screwed it up.... the SIM it had was different from the one on MyVodafone and had run out of credit.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 45w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors