Does Vodafone offer “allow wifi calling “ yet

Starter Poster

Re: Does Vodafone offer “allow wifi calling “ yet

by Carlos2 Starter Poster
Message 21 of 23 (74 Views)

So weird that Vodafone did not continue with another version of the Sure Signal for out market. Alcatel-Lucent still making the product for the USA market and Qualcomm still making even more advanced 4G and now even 5G chipsets.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/modems

It would appear that Vodafone have other plans and until then there is a big hole to fill and people currently spending stupid money on Trade-Me for the Sure Signal at THREE times the price they were new from Vodafone.

In part the Vodafone network is not keeping up with where it should be with voLTE and Wi-Fi calling, I really hope its fixed soon.

New Poster

by SteveCrossland New Poster
Message 22 of 23 (58 Views)

My Wife &I both had 2degrees wificalling & she still does.
Her wifi calling works seamlessly  while My new Work Vodafone is still stuck in the dark ages & I get no coverage at home unless I stand on a high point in the far corner on one leg while holding a steel umbrella.

Come on guys, what's going on here

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by Carlos2 Starter Poster
Message 23 of 23 (51 Views)

Whats going on here Steve is Vodafone has been selling additional hardware in the form of the Sure Signal and other boosters for those in Rural locations to improve your reception when its not really necessary these days.

Now as of a month or so ago they stopped selling the Sure Signal and the only logical reason I can think of why is that they are about to make some network changes that make it obsolete in the very near future. If they kept selling them right up until the changeover, there would be numerious people pretty annoyed at a bit of hardware they no longer needed and it would suddenly be a worthless bit of kit to throw in the bin.

Now that sounds great to me I can wait a while as I also have a steel umbrella and can stand on one leg for up to one hour to get good enough reception, however how long do we have to wait before I get hopping mad at the delay ?

If someone could point me to a Vodafone Media release or a link on the latest changes that would be great.

Really beside the reacent Hoop La about 5G, which I have zero interest in, there has been nothing.

Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 9 Contributors