the worst service in the world

Highlighted
New Poster

the worst service in the world

by BrianEvans New Poster
Message 1 of 25 (538 Views)

I signed up with Vodafone TV and sky on 21st Jun, I was told a technician was coming the following week, then told I didnt need one, then a modem turned up, it doesnt work as vodafone havent connected the line, six weeks, every day, on the phone,

told now the line is under some other name and they won't disconnect, yet it is a brand new house and the builder assures the original line with spark disconnected months ago.

Now apparently vodafone are putting a new line in.

Seriuosly this is unbeliabale, the complete lack of respect and effort is just a joke,

it took 5 minutes to sign up when you wanted my money, then this.

I dealt breifly with a NZ based vodafone worker named Toby Hendtlass who assured me he would fix it, he disappeared 2 weeks ago, not a word, no response.

I thought once I had him messaging me I was saved, but no. 

The probelem is what to do next? hours and hours of my life on your company and nothing to show for it, nothing, I'd rtaher you just say oyur not interested and can't help so I can move on.

So what happens ot tihs message? Just more wasting of my time? 

Dr Brian Evans

New Poster

Re: the worst service in the world

by MarilynMcCormick New Poster
Message 2 of 25 (497 Views)

I get you totally.  I have been calling them with an issue lately and longest time spent on the phone in one night was 2 1/2 hours.  And issue is not resolved.  I would say worst customer service ever, except that sounds like there actually IS customer service.  

TERRIBLE COMPANY and we have both of our mobiles with them, plus our home phone, plus our internet and sky tv..... I guess they done't need to be nice anymore huh?

Starter Poster

by AlexFeltham Starter Poster
Message 3 of 25 (383 Views)

I rang them after my bill went up unannounced and after many calls (to India) I was told it was a promotional discount that had been removed.
Sales NZ updated the plan, but nothing has happened.(Toby Hendtlass at vodafone.com probably offshore)

I have emailed twice and spent 2 hours on the phone being moved from India to NZ and back again 5 times.
India put me through to NZ sales after I started getting irritated, I waited, but it was busy, so I asked for the sales team NZ phone number.
Rang the number given and it was an non connected number ! brilliant (might even be an Australian number)
Asked Tobi the help computer online, for the number, rang that and got an American voice who promptly transferred me to ......India

Rang yet again and India asked for a pin number on the newly issued account number, when it associated with the old account number.
Kept getting put on hold.

No email addresses are provided for customer service.
The 24/7 help is BS the Ninja number hung up on me as I rang at 9.05pm
Rang in the day time and got India again...who simply don't know what they are doing

Contributor

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 4 of 25 (369 Views)
Hi Alex. I work at Vodafone but I don’t really have anything to do with the billing side of things. If you PM me your details though I’m happy to find some who can call you back and help. on Monday
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by williamno5266 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 25 (333 Views)

can't agree with you more that Vodafone service is really a screw up!!

For the past 2 days! I have been talking to Vodafone call centre regarding a simple question about whether we need to pay off the balance of our iPhone 10 in order to place an order on iPhone 11 pro. Once again, the terrible experience I had with the call centre makes me wonder: what is the POINT of having a Vodafone call centre when: 1, they don't speak proper English I could understand, 2, they don't understand English i speak, 3, they don't solve the problem, instead, all they can do is to transfer me from one staff to another randomly, 4, even a senior staff didn't know what it means to 'keep his words'.

Here's what happened, which I hope Vodafone keeps the phone record as you said on your voice message 'you calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purpose'. All below communications are made from my mobile number 021325052, or my landline 03925093:

~ about a week ago, I rang customer service asking about the upgrade of my iPhone from 10 to 11pro. I was connected to Sales team when a guy picked up the call. This guy sounded to me not really fully awake in the morning and took him a few minutes to even pull up my account information. Then, unbelievably, without any explanation, my phone got hang up!

~ second call: I rang back straightaway, got connected to Sales team again. I was asking another guy why I got hang up before and he told me that he didn't know why and couldn't see who was talking to me previously, which I found it a lie! anyways, this guy managed to explain how I could upgrade - 'you need to pay off your balance of your iPhone 10 before you could place an order of interest free for your iPhone 11 pro.' I told him that I will consider it.

~ Thursday, the 3rd Oct, around 11 o'clock. I rang Vodafone Sales team again. I was transferred 3 times to different staff from call centre, within 34 minutes, before I finally talked to a girl that understood what I had to say. the previous 3 staff did not even explain to me why I was going to be transferred but just saying 'I'll transfer you to the right team'. Then this girl told me that she's from Billing team and she didn't know why I was transferred to her! Anyways, I'm pretty sure she's from NZ team and she could understand my request and tried very hard to help me. What she told me was I didn't need to pay off the balance before placing the order for iPhone 11 pro and Vodafone will just add balance to my next bill, which I think is reasonable. She then told me that she would transfer me to the Sales team to complete the order.

~ Then, this guy from Sales team picked up my call - unbelievably - he sounded absolutely inpatient when I was trying to confirm with him how I could place the order without paying off the balance, as I was given two different suggestions previously. I deliberately asked him: could you be a bit more patient with me as I have been on the call for more than 30 mins myself. Then, he said: I'll transfer you to my manager. WOW! what an attitude. and then, instead of transferring me to his manager, he hang up my call AGAIN!

~ I called back Vodafone again - bare this mind, I have spent more than 50 mins on the call with Vodafone call centre on that morning! - I asked the guy from Sales team who picked up my call transfer me straight to his supervisor. A guy called Gaurav, who claimed himself to be the supervisor of Sales Team picked up my call. I described to him the horrible experience I had with the Sales team and raised my request of 'waiving my balance' as I had spent at least two hours of my precious time just trying to confirm a simple question: do I need to pay off my balance first. He told me that he would do investigations to the phone record and call me back as soon as he can.

~ Friday, 4th October, around 5pm, I called back Vodafone to ask if there's any updates. Unbelievably - I was transferred and being asked my personal account information, 4 digit pin code, name, etc. FIVE TIMES!!!!!!! when I just wanted to be transferred to this guy Gaurav, after confirming and leaving a msg to him on that morning for him to call me back, which he obviously did NOT!!!! when I reached the point of hopeless at last with a girl from the call centre after being transferred FIVE TIMES and already spent ONE HOUR on the line, I asked her to transfer me to ANY supervisor from the call centre, she told me that all supervisors are busy and no one could take my call!!!!

Honestly, Vodafone, what kind of service do you think you are providing to your customer?! what kind of call centre staff do you recruit not being able to understand and make themselves understood by customers?! what kind of protocol do you train your staff in call centre to transfer calls, should they at least tell the customer why and who they are transferred to?! what kind of supervisor do you have in your team that are so hard to reach?! what kind of staff in the call centre do you have who can't help customer with their requests but just 'transferring calls' from bill team to sales team and then back to sales team then to customer care team and back to bill team randomly waiting ONE HOUR of my time on the phone?!

I really wish you good luck with your call centre team who should absolutely be dissolved if all they could do is transferring calls!!!!!!!

Contributor

Message 6 of 25 (330 Views)
@williamno5266 you’ve posted in the TV forum not mobile. That being said sounds like a terrible experience. I’m sure I can find the right person to help you on Monday. If you PM me your details I’ll follow up
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor

Message 7 of 25 (328 Views)
@williamno5266 reading again I see you’ve posted your mobile number. Just confirm you want me to follow this up.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 25 (326 Views)

thank you and YES

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 9 of 25 (316 Views)
You can't have 2 handsets on the interest free offer under the same account you would need to pay off one before you can add another
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

Message 10 of 25 (313 Views)

oh hello johnr retired staff, if you read my msg a bit more carefully, you wouldn't find it hard to understand that was exactly what i was trying to do for the past weeks spending hours and hours talking to the staff in Vodafone Call Center - pay off the balance, would you? lol

Stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 19w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors