new Vodafone tv box

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

new Vodafone tv box

by PatriciaScofield Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (676 Views)

I have read a lot of comments re this new divice . I too had a telstra box and it was brilliant .It was easy to record etc And I too was told this new box was far better .

It has taken me two months of constant frustration to sort my new connection out .

I can now say that if you slowly go through the procedures with recordings that it states you cannot record ,you will find that you can see these programs on ON DEMAND or if it is a movie go to netflix and you will find it there . 

The problem is we dont like change and we dont like the new way things are done. 

Slow down and sort out what you want to view now and record later .If it shows you cannot record wait till its on demand or go back 3 days and watch again.

I now find I am 85% satisfied with this product but I am not happy that I have to get a starter package to get the entertainment package as Sky are the overriding owner of the programs on the vodafone box and want their pound of flesh.

Regular Poster

Re: new Vodafone tv box

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster PerryBraiden Regular Poster
Message 2 of 7 (661 Views)

I would suggest many of us are upset at being misled about a device being substantially superior to the T-Boxes when it clearly is not and not being informed about the lack of items we can record.

I'm also sure not everybody has a tv capable of loading all the various other App's etc required to then record and watch what we could watch on a T-Box.  Also, I know for having looked many times, not all shows you cannot record are available on demand or netflix......

I expect a company this size to be honest and up front, to allow its customers to make informed choices, not mislead them.  Mind you I also expect a company this size to answer their phones within ten minutes maximum, not hours.  

And these issues are well and truly exasperated by the most clumsy illogical user interface in existence.  Things like say a T-Box that shows your recorded shows in one or two clicks of the remote and can order them from say A to Z or Z to A vs a hodge podge collage of lets put this show here, this show there and good luck finding that show but will be at least 20 clicks away.....

Put it this way, there are so many members upset in my local area they are considering organising a turnout at a shareholder roadshow with Infratil shortly to voice their disgust....and I imagine you would have to really really go out of your way to annoy a group of customers to go that length!

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 7 (635 Views)

I have found out you do not have to use the box as that is free so go and get a cheap recorder

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 4 of 7 (612 Views)

Well, I for one, being a person with huge problems also with this new TV set top box being not fit for purpose and am upset at being misled by a so called professional company, find your comments pretty offensive and downright rude.

You obviously do not get the points raised, or are trolling!!  Or you are happy to be misled in life.  I for one am not.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 7 (588 Views)

Hi . I am sorry you feel that way. 

I was pointing out the fact that the service I am getting with the box is 85% satisfactory. If you are trying to say that only people that agree with you can comment is disgusting . I have found a few problems yes but for ...... sake get a life slow down and either go in and speak to vodafone staff or change companies . Dear oh dear. 

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 6 of 7 (576 Views)

I refer only to this snarky comment of yours: 

by PatriciaScofield Starter Poster
 Message 3 of 5

I have found out you do not have to use the box as that is free so go and get a cheap recorder

And FYI you cannot go to a store to discuss as they are not able to sort the issue, you need to contact VF by phone.

Double FYI, when you are locked into a contract with hefty exit fees,.....actually nevermind, some people.....just go enjoy your 85% leave us to our issues.  Oh and the box is NOT free.  Good grief.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 7 (569 Views)

The box is free with the contract .I was not snarky .Im above all this .I enjoy my vodafone tv . You will enjoy yours when you sort out your problems .I have. No more comment on this matter . 

Enjoy 

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors