YouTube Kids app freezes

Starter Poster

YouTube Kids app freezes

by Ryan3 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (298 Views)

Sometimes the video freezes 2 hours in, others 20 min. The standard YouTube app is fine, but we prefer the Kids app as it's more difficult to exit and we have a 20mo that loves remotes. We haven't found a way to restart the video once it freezes. Basically just have to back out to the home page of the app and select another video. The app still let's you bring up the pause, ff, rw etc menu, but no response apart from the home button. There's no 'are you still watching?' prompt, just the video freezes. VFTV box, router and ONT are all within a foot of each other, and hard-wired. Ideas? Thanks. 

Posted from Sony SGP512
Staff

Re: YouTube Kids app freezes

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

Hi @Ryan3 

Is this a Gen1 or Gen2 set top box?  Can you please PM me the serial number?

I'm home with a toddler so I will see if I can reproduce this tommorow.   We've had no other complaints about this app that I am aware of.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

by Ryan3 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)
Any luck here?

Thanks,
Ryan.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 4 (270 Views)

Hi Ryan

I've been testing with a Gen2 stb and unable to reproduce. So will try next on a Gen1 (when the toddler allows!)

Cheers

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 38w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors