When is Vodafone TV going to update HD channels

Frequent Poster

When is Vodafone TV going to update HD channels

by Frequent Poster Alange Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 6 (640 Views)

Hi, Sky have been rolling out upgrades to HD now on a number of channels Discovery, Vibe & 5 for example. I see on Vodafone TV we are still waiting for UKTV & BBC Earth to be upgraded to HD. Is there a tie frame for this?

Staff

Re: When is Vodafone TV going to update HD channels

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 6 (638 Views)

@HamishSansomis best to answer this.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Frequent Poster

Message 3 of 6 (480 Views)

Hi, its been sometime now yes we have had Covid but when will we see the upgrade to HD as the list has now extened, On Vodafone TV we don't have HD feeds on UKTV, BBC Earth, Nat Geographic and some others. Do you have a date. thanks

Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 4 of 6 (466 Views)

Hi @Alange , sorry but we don't have a date.   You are right to reference COVID.  We are in the midst of significant change to adapt to the new economy and changing needs of our customers.  Our work on HD upgrades for those channels is on hold until we get through the higher priority items and then reassess our spending plans for the year.  

Regards

Hamish

Frequent Poster

Message 5 of 6 (164 Views)

Hello, we are coming up a year on now, there are now more channels avilable on Sky in HD now and still no movment from Vodafone, if it capicity its mad that the popup channels sit there 24/7 streaming at the 6megabits doing nothing. Some investment needs to be made here, we are paying good money and getting SD services.

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (151 Views)

This issue got brought up on Geekzone, the answer back was there is a lot of money being spent at the moment on converting all the Cable TV t-box users over to the new Vodafone TV boxes. Once this is done then they may spend the money on getting everything upgraded to HD

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors