Watching vodafone limited to home wifi

Starter Poster

Watching vodafone limited to home wifi

by Tess Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (1,413 Views)

Ive just switched to vodafone tv from using a mysky biox and apart from feeling this was a huge mistake with the limited features vodafone tv brings, I used to watch live tv on my ipad.

Ive set the vodafone tv app up on my ipad but it seems as though I'm limited to watching for example sport only if I am connected to my home wifi.....surely this cant be correct??

Also went on to watch thecwomens sevens world cup match this morning which was being played on Duke and I get a message saying this channel can't be watched on a remote device !!!

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Re: Watching vodafone limited to home wifi

by Regular Poster ewanc Regular Poster
Message 2 of 9 (1,392 Views)
Try skygo..
Posted from Samsung SM-G930F
Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 3 of 9 (1,343 Views)

Tess,

This is due to how we get rights from our content partners, like SKY, for mobile viewing. These rights are for either "in home viewing" or "out of home viewing". For SKY content, these rights should be the same as what SKY provides for their SKY Go service. (If you think you have found discrepancies, let me know and we will investigate.)

Finally, noting that our team is constantly working on negotiating and improving rights for recordings and mobile use. We certainly want to provide the best possible mobile viewing experience we can!

Starter Poster

by Tess Starter Poster
Message 4 of 9 (1,335 Views)
Thanks but this has nothing on SkyGo.......massive step back in functionality and features.
Will look at going back to traditional sky box as this Vodafone tv is very much a work in progress.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 5 of 9 (1,332 Views)

@Tess appreciate your feedback, and would be really interested to understand which SKY GO features you want that are not available in the Vodafone TV app? Please let me know, and I will feed this to our product team. (I work in the Vodafone TV team.)

Starter Poster

by Tess Starter Poster
Message 6 of 9 (1,329 Views)
Yup.
1. Being able to watch Sky Sports for example outside ie not to be confined to my home wifi.

2. Being able to watch all channels that I have access to ie Duke on a device.

Those are 2 for starters.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 7 of 9 (1,318 Views)

@Tess,

Thanks again for your feedback. Comments below:

SKY Sports channels 

Vodafone TV supports both in-home and out-of-home mobile app viewing for SKY sports channels.  (As long as you are subscribed to them.) If this is not working for you, please let me know and we will look into it!

Watching all channels on mobile, including Duke

Unfortunately, we can only make channels available for viewing on mobile that we have mobile rights for. Using Duke as an example: This is a TVNZ channel and neither SKY (via SKY GO) or Vodafone have these mobile rights. In other words, if you want to watch Duke on mobile, you must download the TVNZ mobile app. 

As mentioned before, we are working very hard to improve mobile and recording rights, so expect ongoing improvements going forward.

Starter Poster

by Tess Starter Poster
Message 8 of 9 (1,315 Views)
Thanks. Too many compromises unfortunately having come from Sky.

Will go back to Sky and may revisit Vodafone TV when you have at least caught up on what Sky/ Skygo offers.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Staff

by Staff olof Staff
Message 9 of 9 (1,305 Views)

No problems @Tess and hope to see you back as a Vodafone TV customer. 

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors