Volume Control on Vodafone Remote no longer controls TV volume

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Volume Control on Vodafone Remote no longer controls TV volume

by IanWalker Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,201 Views)

Since the recent Vodafone TV upgrade, the volume control on the Vodafone TV Remote no longer adjusts the volume output on my TV.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Volume Control on Vodafone Remote no longer controls TV volume

by MattStubbins Starter Poster
Message 2 of 7 (1,181 Views)

Ours still controls the TV volume for TV, YouTube and other apps, but won't alter the netflix volume.  Mind you this has been an issue for us for months and no fix advised yet.

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 3 of 7 (1,161 Views)

Hi @MattStubbins 

The Netflix app doesn't take settings from the VTV box, instead they have their own audio settings and so your VTV box migh tbe set to Stereo (and the VTV remote controls the volume) while the Netflix app is set to Dolby 5.1 (and the Dolby system remote controls the volume). To change the Netflix app behaviour go into the audio & subtitles menu option in the Netflix app and set it to Stereo and the VTV remote should be able to control the volume again.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by MattStubbins Starter Poster
Message 4 of 7 (1,139 Views)

Hi  @HamishSansom 

Thank you very much, changing it in the Netflix app has indeed enabled volume control, but it seems that this needs to be done for every movie.  There does not apear to be an app-wide setting that I can select to turn off 5.1 - are you aware of a way to do this?

Cheers and thanks

Matt

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster Rooney Frequent Poster
Message 5 of 7 (1,102 Views)

I have found that  while watching Netflix if you press the ok button on the vtv remote theres an options message that shows up in the top left hand corner where you can change the audio to english original and use your vtv remote to adjust volume,i have not found a way of making that a default setting for Netflix 

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 6 of 7 (1,169 Views)

Hi @IanWalker,

This relates to the new Dolby 5.1 feature.  With Dolby enabled, volume control moves to the device producing the Dolby audio (Dolby TV, Dolby AV receiver etc). 

If you want to control the volume via the VTV remote, simply turn off Dolby from the VTV settings menu. (Settings, More settings, Audio & VIsual, change to Stereo).

Hamish

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by FraughtKarma Starter Poster
Message 7 of 7 (94 Views)
If you change the VTV audio setting to Stereo it changes this for all apps. And the volume controls return.. Volume control only work for 2 channel audio like comedy central, channel 1, 2 and 3 are all dolby sources, so if you have your VTV set to Dolby Digital in the audio setting, anything broadcast in Dolby Any Form, you won't be able to control the volume.
Whole annoying.. I prefer Dolby Atmos sound in netflix over two channel...
Posted from Samsung SM-G975F
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 36w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors