VodafoneTV remote learning by IR with universal remote

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

VodafoneTV remote learning by IR with universal remote

by daviesmw Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (93 Views)

Hi all.

I have a new VTV and would like to use my existing universal remote (Oneforall URC7980) to control the VTV box as i use the URC to control other set top boxes in a separate space.

Does anyone have any ideas how to override the bluetooth so that you can work with the IR just for a short period whilst the universal remote 'learns' please?

I initially managed to do it for a few keys by pressing Blue and Menu and then 9 x four times. However, this stopped and i still have the Menu key and number keys to 'learn'. Every time i try the same process now, the red line just continues to flash it doesnt work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

Highlighted
Staff

Re: VodafoneTV remote learning by IR with universal remote

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 4 (87 Views)

Hi @daviesmw 

Try powering off the STB at the wall.

Then reset the remote as you have been and press a button.. Wait until the red flashing light stops (this is the remote trying to pair) and it should then be in IR mode.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

Thanks Grant. I tried that a few times but it hasnt worked any different.

I waited for the red light to stop flashing before starting the learning process with the universal remote but as soon as i pressed another button on the VTV remote (the one i wanted to learn), it did its long flashing thing again and the unoversal remote would not learn it.

Its very bizarre as the first 5 or 6 buttons were learned fine and the process was no different.

any thoughts appreciated.

thanks 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)
I’ve answered my own question. It turns out that ONEFORALL remotes already have a code for their universal remotes. It was a preprogrammed code which has provided full IR functionality. Thanks for your help
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors