VodafoneTV issues

Starter Poster

VodafoneTV issues

by juliann Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (254 Views)

Connected VodafoneTV box (via Wifi) about a month ago. When watching on rewind after about 15 to 20 minutes the program will either drop out completely or VodafoneTV jumps to showing whatever is on live TV.  So you have to reset everything which only takes you back to the beginning of what you watching. Very frustrating.  Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Retired Staff

Re: VodafoneTV issues

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 5 (251 Views)

@juliannConnect via Eethernet then far more reliable

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (229 Views)

Thanks JohnR. 

Having trouble identifying which adapter or splitter I need to buy to connect the Cat5e cable supplied with the VFTV box to our wall outlet (ADLS modem/telephone) to connect by ethernet. 

I think it's a 4P4c plug (RJ11) or standard port installed about 10 years ago. 

Any assistance much appreciated (having wasted alot of time on trying to find this out so far....)

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 5 (211 Views)

@juliann You should just be able to run an Ethernet cable from the router / modem to the Vodafone TV unit

Sorry not sure what you are speaking about

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)

Router / modem is located in another part of the house.

The problem is the internet port or jack (RJ11)  located near the VFTV is an older type and the Cat5e doesn't fit.

I was hoping we could buy a splitter to solve the problem but maybe it's not that simple. 

We'll just put up with the flakey wifi connection until I can sort this out. Thanks very much for your reply.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors