Vodafone tv not connecting

Highlighted
New Poster

Vodafone tv not connecting

by Whyme New Poster
Message 1 of 5 (479 Views)

Since getting vodafone tv installed in July, I have had nothing but problems with TV freezing, not connecting, or just simply just getting a blank screen. We estimate we have only had less than a month of uninterrupted TV in all that time. It has been constant calls to the hell centre and countless hours on the phone talking to call centre staff, supervisers and other departments we still have no stable TV. The only credit we finally managed to get was 250.00 for the lack of TV. We have had to go get new ethernet and hdmi cables at our own cost. They replaced the vodafone tv box I. September and also said we're sending me a WiFi extender for free. When the next bill came out there was a charge for 2 WiFi extenders. Funny that they have discontinued to use them since the end of September. The charges were removed when once again I rang to query why it was charged. Every time we get technicians we have to go through the same rigmarole and unplug this push that etc etc and still no tv. It is beyond a joke. They say someone will ring back and that never happens and just last week was told a technician will be sent out. The e mail arrived at 1645 saying he was meant to be there that morning, but as far as I know there has been no one to look at it up to this day. I get told that it will be sorted in 48 hrs, but when I ring again on the Saturday I get told that that was working days. Ring on Tues and get told the order was not put through correctly. Just what is going on. I am at my wits end and will NOT be recommending it to anyone else and wished I had not changed to this system which came highly recommended

Posted from Huawei EML-L09
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Vodafone tv not connecting

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (466 Views)

@Whyme 

Can I ask something. Why did you go with this Vodafone TV, besides it being highly recommended.

The only good thing I see is the fact you can add sky channels to it, otherwise its nothing more than a freeview box.

I have friends that have ordered this back in Dec and they are still waiting, in fact every time they look at the order its still being "processed"

Honestly Vodafone is hopeless in every way, shape and form.

I would be so ashamed on walking into that glass mansion in Auckland !!

They say they will do something...they dont

They say they will send you something thats free (in the deal)....they dont....but charge you for it

They say they will call you...they dont.

The amount of thime I have spent lately on trying to solve their stuff ups...I am going to send them a bill for my wasted time and effort.

In fact I have cancelled the deal I was going to, told them to stuff it, and changing providers. Hello Spark or Slingshot.

The managers and so called team leaders dont want to sovle these matters, they hide in their offices and dont want to know. Close the door, phones on Do Not Disturb.

The only thing you could do is lodge a complaint using the form at:

http://help.vodafone.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/20058

They have so many days to rectify it or you lodge a complaint at the Telecommunication Dispute Resolution (TDR) Scheme like I have done.

Good luck (you will need it)

Oh, and if a "ninja" appears here to help you, then you will have to repeat everything again, they will say they will sort the matter......but it wont be.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 3 of 5 (438 Views)

Hi @capcomnz 

Thanks for the feedback, I'm the Product Owner for Vodafone TV and keen to help in whatever way I can.  

Clearly you've had some poor experiences in dealing with Vodafone which are not what we want to deliver, apologies.  Vodafone has been addressing many of the historic service and support issues and are now operating at a much higher level than we were over the last 6 months.  Our new owners and management team are certainly listening to customer feedback and investing in continuous improvment of our customer service, which you can read about here https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12266384

To address some the points you raise:

Vodafone TV is highly recommended by many users (we measure this).  Yes, you can add Sky, and it is much more than other Freeview boxes.  It comes with 500 hours of cloud recording along with 3 day rewind being the most loved feature.  3 day rewind is unique to Vodafone TV (no other Freeview or Sky box features this) allowing a very simple way to watch over 90% of programmes that aired in the last 3 days without the need to have recorded it or use an On Demand app.  It also doesn't need an aerial/antenna with almost 100 live TV channels delivered entirely over the internet. 

Your friends should have received their Vodafone TV box within just a few working days, so something is clearly delaying this for them.   Please privately send me their details and I will sort it out (just click on my name to bring up my Community profile, then click the Send Private Message button).  Sometimes there are delays for our customers when their account is still connected on our older billing systems, but we're very rapidly upgrading those systems now and streamlining our processes. 

Finally, all the managers I know at Vodafone NZ (and I know a very large number of them) don't hide and are working incredibly hard to improve our services and support for customers.  As an example, over the last year I personally have been to many customers' homes to experience first hand how they experience Vodafone TV, any issues they have, and then work to implement changes to the way the product works to improve the experience.  And it's not just me, this is now how Vodafone works generally, with the product owners and others putting the customer at the centre of the service design. 

As you can tell, I am very proud to walk through the doors at the Vodafone office.  And, as mentioned, please do private message me your friends details and I absolutely will address it (please give me the chance).

Regards

Hamish

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor capcomnz Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (432 Views)

@HamishSansom 

To say I have had some “poor” experiences is the understatement of the year so far.

I’ve been a customer since the good days of Clear Communications and then TelstraClear. The days when they won customer service awards. I know as my wife worked for them, but now…..DONE !!

And to say they are “listening to customer feedback” ??? HOW…WHEN ??

Perhaps you need to look at this site I stumbled across:

https://nz.trustpilot.com/review/www.vodafone.co.nz

Couldn’t get any worst…or could it??

This from 2018

https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/best-and-worst-of-2018#article-technology

Can you do better…we will find out. Be interested to see where Vodafone stands for 2019.

The service is always the same. Like I said.

They say they will do something...they don’t

They say they will send you something thats free (in the deal)....they dont....but charge you for it

They say they will call you...they dont.

I recently went to go across to fibre with the free modem deal last year- Everyday Home 240Gb 24mth plan. Got told later when the modem never arrived that “sorry, no record of you getting a free modem, we can send you one but you will need to pay for it”

That’s despite the paper work from your site saying that the package includes a modem AND I found out my neighbour got sent two modems (under the same deal) and got charged for both. She got them refunded but customer should NOT be having to sort this out.

I am still waiting for a call back from someone in the Sales/Retention team that was arrange last Wednesday. Still no contact. Perhaps scurried off and put the phones on DND.

How many other customers have had this. Perhaps the Commerce Commission needs to look at this.

Last year there was a refund to my account, something to do with a discount I was eligible for but never got. Totally stuffed up. I had to ring to show your billing dept where they made the mistake. They “rectified” it ONLY to stuff that up the next month, another call, got stuffed up again. Honestly how **bleep** hard is it to LISTEN to the customer AND DO THE JOB RIGHT the first time.

I have been into my local Vodafone store to try to get help on my cellphone only to be looked at by the staff members with expressions that remind me of started animals caught in the headlights of a car. Once I went in and the lady there was literally doing her nails and was disinterested in helping !! _  I kid you not. She’s not there anymore. Wonder why.

As for my friends and their Vodafone TV debacle. I have let them know of your offer. They will DM you if they choose to. I offered to pass their details on but I think they too, like me, am now looking at changing provider.

And as for “all the managers I know at Vodafone NZ (and I know a very large number of them) don't hide and are working incredibly hard to improve our services and support for customers”

Well, good for you but you are failing. May I suggest getting more for this vaulted X Squad.

I am please that you feel proud to walk through the doors. You no doubt enjoy your job. May that last BUT I will say this.

Tell the manager to listen to their staff concerns and feedback as it tis them that are at the coal face.

We use to say when I was a KMPG…If you ever want to know and judge the mood of customers, ask the receptionist.

Good luck with Vodafone TV. Frankly I will stay with Freeview.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 5 of 5 (445 Views)

Hi @Whyme, I am the Product Owner for Vodafone TV and am very disheartend to read about your experience.  It certainly should not be like this and I apologise that you've had to go through this.   Vodafone TV should not have any freezing or black screen so we clearly don't have it set up properly for you. 

If you PM me (just click on my name to bring up my Community profile, then click the Send Private Message button) with your account details and I will sort it out.

Regards

Hamish

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 29w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors