Vodafone tv Standby

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone tv Standby

by boostinu13 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (467 Views)
Hello had my vtv delivered today. Just a few questions as I couldn't find any via a search and it didn't have a manual.

Firstly if the vtv is on standby will it automatically turn on to record a subscribed show?
Are they design to be put to standby or just remain on?

Will Disney+ be added?
Any way to add Plex?

Thank you.
Posted from OPPO CPH1919
Highlighted
Staff

Re: Vodafone tv Standby

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 9 (457 Views)

Hi @boostinu13 

You can put your STB into standby, it is also set to do this by default.. or power it off at the wall completely when not in use.

As recording is done in the 'cloud' it does not need to be powered on to record.

Vodafone is always looking at apps to add, but there is no eta on either Disney+ or Plex being added.

Cheers

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by boostinu13 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (453 Views)
Hi @grantt thank you so much. Knowing it saves to cloud so can act have it off at the wall is really good. Was not expecting that as thought it was in it's in hdd/add.

Cool lets hope it gets Plex and Disney soon to bring it to a larger level.
Posted from OPPO CPH1919
Highlighted
New Poster

by leeroymucphy New Poster
Message 4 of 9 (366 Views)

I'd be keen on Plex and Disney plus being added too, at the moment I have to keep the Android TV box connected for this, but really want to get rid of it and have everything on the Vodafone TV box.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 5 of 9 (356 Views)

Hi @leeroymucphy 

I'd love to see Plex on the set top box also Smiley Happy

As with Plex and Disney, Vodafone is always looking to add more apps.  There's lots of stuff going on in the background but no eta on either being added.

Cheers,

Grant

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster SueChristinaMiddleton Frequent Poster
Message 6 of 9 (304 Views)

This is a question, not a reply. This site is impossible.... if I am away and record a show in the app on my IPad, can I watch it on my TV when I get home? Nine if the FAQ sheets tell you how to d this. If my home box is on standby, will a show recorded on my IPad show on the list of recordings on my TV box?

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 7 of 9 (300 Views)

Hi @SueChristinaMiddleton  I have replied to you in the other message thread.

Cheers,
Grant

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster SueChristinaMiddleton Frequent Poster
Message 8 of 9 (287 Views)

Last night we were watching TV when a notice popped up on our screen to the effect that 'your Vodafone box will go into standby mode in **seconds. To cancel click here,' or something like that. We'd had the TV on for several hours. Why did it do this? We hit cancel and it didn't do it again.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 9 of 9 (282 Views)

Hi @SueChristinaMiddleton 

This is auto-standby.  You can re-configure it by going to menu/settings/more settings/power/auto standby time.

Either select OFF and press OK (so it turns green) to disable, or select 2,4,6 or 8 hours and press OK (so the selected setting turns green).

Cheers,
Grant

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 24w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors