Vodafone TV

Starter Poster

Vodafone TV

by Scottdj4444 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (776 Views)
I had left Voadfoje some time ago due to long wait times, overseas call centers etc.....

I have just moved and my landlord was not happy with an aerial going into the property so I thought I would try Vodafone TV. The good news is I ordered my box online and that arrives rather seamlessly.

Since then such joy. I spent an hour trying to get my box working finally getting this going by removing the Ethernet Cable when powering the device. With this sorted I charged through the setup steps, added my $68 sky packages and started watching the cricket. Relatively ok experience last night although some lag, not really intuitive controls etc.... but I thought hey not too bad and I will get better at using it.

Get up this morning to watch some sport and am unable to use the device. I am reasonably tech savvy so have rebooted, powered the setup box, modem, unplugged the ethernet cable etc....

What I get is the the Vodafone symbol, black screen, Vodafone symbol then the BSOD with the red light on the setup box remaining solid and then the TV finally saying it cant find the source and game over. I have repeated this process several times with the same result.

Checked these forums and Geekzone and seen similar stories all pointing to bugs and patch updates.

I then thought against my better judgement let's ring the support number as my experiences with Vodafone in the past have been very unpleasant.

In a shocking turn of events I ended up speaking to someone in India who was unable to help me because they hadn't been trained but dont worry my call will be transferred and my problem sorted. Before the handoff I asked for the 0800 number I was being transferred to but he was unable to provide this. In another shocking turn of events when transferred after a while I got a message saying the number I had been transferred to was unavailable and to try again later.

I am now spending my Sunday morning writing this.

Please someone help me. I am a simple man with simple pleasures and just want to watch a bit of cricket.

Heres hoping someone out there can help.

Cheers, David.
Posted from Samsung SM-G950F
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV

Message 2 of 9 (772 Views)
After an hour and another reset with the Ethernet cable out we cranked back into life.

Excitedly I click on 202 to watch the cricket and get some other channel. Have now found the channels are now back to sky channels e.g. 52 is sky sport 2 which is in line with Sky.

Wow all this in 18 hours. Not enjoying my experience so far Vodafone.
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by IvanPiacun Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (742 Views)

Try again later today after applying the update which should bring you to UI Version 51.5711.6 or better which is more stable and sorts out some prblems with wifi.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 9 (729 Views)
Thanks Ivan. Do the updates apply automatically or is there a way of forcing the updates? Cheers, David.
Starter Poster

by IvanPiacun Starter Poster
Message 5 of 9 (693 Views)

Updates usually apply automatically at 2:00AM but when there is one available you can apply the the update by going to Settings, More Seetings, Updates.

Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 6 of 9 (719 Views)
Automatically overnight unless you power off at the wall.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 9 (718 Views)
Ok so after seeing Ivan's post I excitedly get up an turn on the TV thinking maybe I have the update and I ca head to work knowing all my problems are now sorted.

You know how Voda TV supposedly has a 3 day rewind function. Well let's rewimd back back to my post of yesterday. Same problem but I dont even get the Vofa symbol this morning.

Multiple reboots, restarts etc.... and nothing.

Good thing is i will no longer have a Vida issuenas i will smash the TV shortly.

Fark me, throw me a bone Voda and get someone to call me in this country who knows about this product. 021 675 464. Used to be a Voda phone but changed to Spark. Not sure why (detect sarcasm)

Cheers, David.
Starter Poster

Message 8 of 9 (716 Views)
Within 2 seconds James called. Now that's what I call customer service. We haven't been able to resolve the issue but we are onto ot on his day off. Thanks James. Account used to setup account online was Scottconsultants@hotmail.com

Cheers, David.
Starter Poster

Message 9 of 9 (699 Views)
Spoke to the boys from Voda. We have gone from the fixed connection I have to Wifi nothing there is a bug with my existing modem. Thanks boys for the quick response and the challenges you face. Hoping for a better experience from here.

Thanks James and team.

Cheers, David.
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors