Vodafone TV

Starter Poster

Vodafone TV

by mandjives Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (531 Views)

We are loosing programmes that have been recorded but not veiwed.

How long are recorded programmes held ?

It would appear that they may "drop off " after 3 days following the recording.

If this is so WHY..........if I'm on holiday for 2 weeks and record programmes then when I return all I will have left is those programmes recorded on the last 3 days of the 2 week period.

This is hardly a good deal.

Staff

Re: Vodafone TV

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 8 (525 Views)

Hi @mandjives 

That's no good Smiley Sad  Recordings should be available for a longer period than three days.

Can you please send me a private message with your Household ID shown on the STB under the 'More Settings/System Info' screen. Also check under the 'Settings/Recordings'  menu and advise what percentage you are using of your recording space?

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 8 (464 Views)

Hi Grant

I have already sent you the info you requested but here it is again.

household ID   2991697

89% of available space used

What we would like to know is how long are recorded programmes available.  It seems to us that some drop off only a few days after they have been recorded and may or more often not be available via "On Demand ".  We have lost several programmes that we recorded and were keen to watch but couldn't get around to it for a couple of weeks.

Any clarification would be great.

Also when is it likely that Vodafone will update the scrolling through recordings so that you see when the adverts end and don't have to guess when the programme starts again.  Sadly this is one of the poor aspects of Vodafone TV as compared to the old T Box.and drives us nuts.  I understand that the old T Box was in fact a "video recorder" associated to 1 user.

Regards

Michael

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 8 (462 Views)

Hi @mandjives 

With recordings, the allowed 'keep' time can be set on a per channel, or programme level. So its likely the programmes recorded (which shortly afterwards disappeared from your recordings screen) expired due to this.

ie: a programme may be recordable, but only be allowed to be retained for x days.  Once the x days is reached, it will be removed from the system.

Testing is still being done on fast forward and rewind thumbnails.    I understand your frustration. Do you use the skip forward/back buttons?  They can make it a bit easier with regards to getting past the ad breaks.

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 5 of 8 (447 Views)

Do you have an actual honest timeframe for fast forward with visual......we were promised in email from VFNZ that this feature would definitely be here in June 2019.

The fast forward with skip buttons is not much more useful - a 5 minute advert break for example will require you to push the forward button at least 25 times and requires waiting a second in between each button push.  And considering every channel at different times of day varies the advert lengths you never know if it will be a 5 minute break or a 30 second break.

New Poster

[ Edited ]
by Fordies New Poster
Message 6 of 8 (338 Views)

OMG I thought it was me going mad!  How can we not have Visual fastforward and rewind available.

This is a basic function surely?

Even my old "T-Box" had it.

Vodafone your new "TV" is terrible.  Not only can we not visually fast forward or rewind, we can only record certain programmes due to "licensing" issues you have (or sold I was told!)

We could record anything with the old "T-Box".

Come on Vodafone when are you going to fix this major problem - you take our money but can't even provide what was promised!

I want my old T-Box back Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 7 of 8 (327 Views)

We're all in the same boat with issues with the new VFTV box and it not being anywhere near what the old T-Box was, plus promised it would do all sorts to find out it doesn't.  Call me mad but you would expect a replacement product to do at least what the old one did, and also the promised extras!!

Fast forward with visual - was assured that would be here in June - June has come and gone.  Guess they mean June 2040.

Shows chopping off when viewed from the "three day" option and not recorded - 95% plus of shows chop the last five or so minutes off - sorta like reading a book with the final pages ripped out - always nice to waste an hour you won't get back or know what the outcome was of the show because it stops five minutes early all the time....GRRRR!!! and then some!!!

We found most of our favourite shows now cannot be recorded (were not told that up front!!) and even when we can, who knnows how long they will stay recorded for - three days, a week, a month - who would know!

Starter Poster

Message 8 of 8 (429 Views)

Hi Grant

Thanks for that.

Can the allowed time for recordings be changed by users and if so how?

Also it's good to hear that Vodafone is looking into the frustrating problem of scrolling through the adverts on recordings as from coments in "Community" this is one of the concerning aspects of Vodafone TV being experienced by a number of users.

Yes we do use the forward/back buttons on the remote but it's always hit and miss and until we can actually see what we are "skipping" this is going tobe a continual frustration.

Cheers

Michael

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 22w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors