Vodafone TV won't connect to WIFI

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone TV won't connect to WIFI

by PaulWare Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (112 Views)

HI, I purchased a Vodafone TV a couple of weeks ago and have tried to connect to my WIFI. It will not connect even though I have eneterd the correct password. I have a Vodafone router on 5ghz. All other computers and phones connect via WIFI no problem. I have turned off the router and Vodafone TV and turned back on, still no connection. I have enabled WPS on the router and access that but still no hope. I do not wish to use ethernet direct connection.  I am nearly at the point of taking it back for a refund. So far it has just wasted my time, it shouldn't be this hard or stressfull. I have checked the on-line help tools and that didn't help at all. I have done everything I can think of, please help sort this out before I give up on it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Vodafone TV won't connect to WIFI

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)

Which vodafone router? the Grey Ultra Hub or older White HG659?

Can you describe the steps you take in more detail and what (if any) error appears?

The Ultra Hub connects easy on WPS and manually. The Hg659 doesn't like WPS so much.

Whats the wi-fi signal strength like where the VodaTv is? Could it be too weak? Can you temporarily place the Voda TV next to the modem and connect to try?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by PaulWare Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (92 Views)

Hi thanks for the reply.

The router is the white router.

I plug everything in and the TV box boots up. It takes me to connect to the internet and icons come up on the left "standby"and "wps"and on the right ethernet wifi and manual.

I click on wifi and it asks me which network, I select my network and then enter the wifi password. It goes off to establish the connection and comes back "failed to connect to network" try again.

Thats as far as I get.

The strength seems to be fine only 5M away I would say.

Look forward to what you suggest..

regards Paul

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (76 Views)

The Vodafone Tv only uses 5Ghz wifi. Is your wifi name then same for both 2.4g and 5g wifi? If so that could be an issue.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors