Vodafone TV update from Hamish Sansom, Head of Vodafone TV

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV update from Hamish Sansom, Head of Vodafone TV

by PhilClark Starter Poster
Message 31 of 45 (1,247 Views)

Still getting the daily dropout of service each night between 6pm and 7pm. Very frustrating and now the last couple of days have been getting it around 3pm in the afternoon as well. I have to power down the unit and modem and restart both to get the vodafone tv working again. Today that didn't even work the first time and had to power down again. I notice that I get messages on the screen that my internet connection is down then a message say box connected. This does not always fix the problem when box connected as sometimes the unit freezes on the intro screen requiring another shut down. 

When this box is working its a geat product but the bugs in it are really annoying especially as they seem to happen in prime time viewing.

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV update f

by Kathleen60 Starter Poster
Message 32 of 45 (1,115 Views)

Thanks to all those people you commented on my plight with the TV upgrade.  I have rolled back to the old system, the problems continued and were actually getting worse and I could no longer bare it.  I am very happy with the old tried and trusted system.  Good luck all

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by PaulGini Starter Poster
Message 33 of 45 (655 Views)

Is anything actually being done to correct the freezing problem? I am waiting for a technician to come and install a new vodafone box, which I understand should address the issue, but  there has been no progress with this for at least a couple of weeks.

I would also appreciate confirmation of the details of the new package that your representative has discussed with me over the phone.

Paul Gini (702465)

Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 34 of 45 (638 Views)

Hi @PaulGini,  the freezing issue that was a platform issue affecting multiple customers was resolved in November last year.  You can still get freezing if there are issues with your internet however.  

I will get someone to look into your technician visit and to give you a call.

Regards

Hamish

Starter Poster

by PaulGini Starter Poster
Message 35 of 45 (264 Views)

Still waiting for your call @Hamish Sansom two weeks on from our lest communication. I've had a new box for a month and nobody to install it.  I'd call but the 60-70 minute delay is a mockery of customer service.

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
Staff

by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 36 of 45 (219 Views)
Hi Paul, Thank you for working with me on this. The technician will be scheduled to come install your new Vodafone TV service as per our phone conversation. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks Theresa
Starter Poster

by hestia Starter Poster
Message 37 of 45 (582 Views)
Just wanted to leave this message here to demonstrate that it’s been *5 months* since Vodafone “recently undertook a major upgrade to the Vodafone TV platform to enable us to launch new features in the future that customers have been asking for, such as visual fast forward and rewind.” (words of the VFNZ exec who came here apologising for a screwup with said upgrade.)

Anyone who is a Vodafone TV customer or has spent a moment looking around this forum will not be surprised to learn that basically nothing has changed.

It’s been 18 months since launch and 5 months since the “major upgrade” and the fast forward/reverse function is still unusable? Pathetic. Unfortunately this basically sums up my own and many other people’s experience with Vodafone TV.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by PhilClark Starter Poster
Message 38 of 45 (579 Views)

I have to agree fully with this statement. I am still experiencing freezes and total lock ups. What I find even more frustrating is that the customer service seem to just pass your comments off as though they just do not care or that its the internet. Funny that as my Netflix that I use through my TV and same internet connection never has this problem. I have even had one advise me that as I am on a 12 month contract that they could / did not have to do anything.

I advised that a contract is a 2 way street and have made contact with the Commerce Comission re this matter. They have advised they are looking into this and that if a breach of contract is established they will be taking this further. Not sure what would come of this and I take no enjoyment in this but as Vodafone seem not to be very helpful I felt this was the only path I could take. All I want is the service I pay for.

Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 39 of 45 (515 Views)

Hi, we understand your frustration and agree the new features should have arrived by now.  The setback in November was significant and we apologise for that.  I can assure you we are working with our suppliers to deliver the latest features asap but do not yet have a release date for the upgrades.  We will let you know as soon as we do.

Also, just in case you don't know, pressing the |<- and ->| keys located above the normal << and >> provide a -20 and +20 sec skip.  Also, pressing the BACK key when paused will remove the text overlay so you can see the paused picture free of any clutter.  But, agreed, we need to deliver the promised fast-forwarding improvements asap. 

Hamish

Staff

by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 40 of 45 (221 Views)

Hi Hestia,

I work with the Vodafone TV team and just want to acknowledge that as per Hamish below the team is still working to delever that functionality and more.

Not sure if you are aware of the 20second fastforward button as this can be helpful in controlling skipping.  This is the button located above the standard looking fast forward button.

If you are experiencing any other issues feel free to Private message me and I can help.

Thanks

Theresa

Stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 15 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors