Vodafone TV update from Hamish Sansom, Head of Vodafone TV

New Poster

Re: Vodafone TV update from Hamish Sansom, Head of Vodafone TV

by KathyWhelan New Poster
Message 21 of 46 (1,031 Views)

Despite assurances in your email of 12 November,  that the picture freezing issue has been resolved, its hasn;t for us as the picture continues to freeze.

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster G571 Regular Poster
Message 22 of 46 (1,075 Views)

Hi, despite the freezing issue apparantly resolved for us we have a new problem which is occuring every night now when it never used to. We watch the news on TV1 most nights and then when we go to change channel at the end to another channel the picture just goes blank & comes up with a connection error!, the only way to get a picture back is to restart the STB or wait even longer and the STB seems to reset itself. This is happeneing every night now & it's very frustrating, I get the kids constantly moaning & saying 'why dont we just go back to sky'!

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Rooney Regular Poster
Message 23 of 46 (999 Views)

Funny thing is I get the same thing from the wife lol

Retired Staff

by MikeHales Retired Staff
Message 24 of 46 (1,087 Views)
@KathyWhelan
Could you message me with your account details and I’ll ask the team to take a look. Sorry for the persistent issue!
m
Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by PhilClark Starter Poster
Message 25 of 46 (1,039 Views)

Im now getting that same problem. Each night around 7pm after watching the news I try to change channels and the screen goes blank. I need to power down the TV box and reset the internet connection to fix the problem. 

Starter Poster

by Kathleen60 Starter Poster
Message 26 of 46 (996 Views)

this is getting beyond a joke, constant freezing, black screens and silly messages saying the internet is not connect even though the internet is working on other appliances. I have been a long time Vodafone customer and renewed my contact a fortnight ago and was rewarded  by having an upgrade to their new fast, better reliable fibre X system. I am going to terminate the contract because Vodafone have breached it by not providing the service it promised. My customer number is 20341014. I am currently watching the program Sunday and the screen constantly freezes and goes black. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster ewanc Regular Poster
Message 27 of 46 (1,000 Views)
I would suggest you are vf tech to reset your stb to factory defaults and then reload the settings.. This seems to work foe me..
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by Kathleen60 Starter Poster
Message 28 of 46 (992 Views)

Thank you for your response but honestly, I wouldn't have a clue what you are saying and am not only a grandmother in age but also to technology. I have to watch an old 24 inch  tv in my bedroom which has Freeview, this fibre x system is so unstable and I endorse another comment, why don't they fully trial systems before they roll them out.

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by Boro_boy Starter Poster
Message 29 of 46 (873 Views)
I get the same problem when I change from The Chase to the 3news, it say's I have no connection and the screen goes black. I haven't seen the main headline for the last few days. You really need to sort your issues out Vodafone, this service is sub standard
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by GeorgeNash Starter Poster
Message 30 of 46 (859 Views)
Black screens every 10 mins this evening and constant disconnect from internet and saying set top not connected to internet, it’s getting beyond frustrating.

Also getting unknown error displayed on screen. And also got my bill in with no discount for the freezing.

Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 45 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 16 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors