Vodafone TV update from Hamish Sansom, Head of Vodafone TV

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV update from Hamish Sansom, Head of Vodafone TV

by Boro_boy Starter Poster
Message 41 of 48 (2,232 Views)
It's nice to see a rep from Vodafone is finally reading this noticeboard and seeing what issues are still occuring. I've started keeping a record of the issues I get with my Vodafone tv. I see they're now offering free Skysports for 12 months if you sign up now, when I signed up it was only 6 months. What about us long suffering subscribees that have had to put up with a sub standard service for quite awhile now ? I think you'd be before off rewarding us for our loyalty and getting your systems sorted first instead of encouraging more people to sign up who are only going to go back to Sky once their 12 months is up just like most of the fed up customers who post here and no doubt many more who don't post. Come on Vodafone you CAN do it !!
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster roputtz Regular Poster
Message 42 of 48 (2,207 Views)
Vodafone Tv down. Set top box and mobile
App no connection.

Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 43 of 48 (2,211 Views)

Hi @roputtz 

Yes, we are aware of the issue and working to resolve asap.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster invergordon Regular Poster
Message 44 of 48 (2,220 Views)
Is Vodafone TV down?
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster roputtz Regular Poster
Message 45 of 48 (2,211 Views)
For the past few hours yes
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Screaminchicken Regular Poster
Message 46 of 48 (1,612 Views)

Oh God! I wish I’d read this noticeboard before I signed up to have Vodafone connect me for fibre and Vodafone TV. Such a soul destroying process. 2 hours wasted trying to find some one in India who could actually make my Vodafone TV even work. After two hours I’ve  decided I'm just going to package the whole lot up and take it back to the shop.

Im not sure if Vodafone and Chorus are conspiring to secure a joint win in the NZ Crappest Customer Service Awards 2019 or if they are just unintentionally incompetent but the whole process from May to August has just left me emotionally drained and determined to cease being a Vodafone customer (after 10 years) as fast as possible.

who is Hamish Sansom and what world does he live in?

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster SueChristinaMiddleton Frequent Poster
Message 47 of 48 (742 Views)

TBox Service discontinued without warning. I posted this message yesterday in another form, but no response as yet. This seems a more appropriate place for it

Last week (May 19), our TBox service was switched off by Vodafone without warning. After many hours trying to contact tech support, I was told that all TBoxes were being replaced by new Vodafone TV boxes. Vodafone had given us no warning. We have been Vodafone broadbands customers since Ihug was bought by the company and have had the TBox since the early days of Vodafone fibre Sky services.

After a second call, One of the offshore techs managed to get my Tbox going again and said it was to tide me over until the new one arrived. It was switched off again after two days and we were left with no access to Tv other than through the TVNZ app  on our smart TV. Meanwhile, a new router arrived. Terrified of losing internet access as well, I set this up with the new account number and it's been working OK. (I am a retiree, but spending many hours creating and broadcasting via Zoom interactive music sessions for dementia patients and their carers stuck at home during lockdown. Any disruption if my internet would have left 40 people without this service. Had it not been for that, and the disruptions of loavjdown, I would have reverted to Sky and found another internet provider. I WAS AND AM FURIOUS).

For three more days, I could access Sky Go on my laptop and screen it onto my TV via Apple TV or HDMI cable. We had friends coming on Saturday to have dinner and to watch the NZ Warriors' first match of the NRL season. The day of the  match, our access to The Sky Go app was also switched off, because our old account had been terminated and, because the VTV box hadn't arrived, couldn't activate the new one. We ascertained this after spending about an hour at the Vidafone shop in Centreplace, Hamilton. They informed us that because our old account was closed, we had a new account number and nothing could be activated until the new box arrived. We went to the pub to watch the NRL. 

The new box arrived yesterday, Sunday May 31 - the couriers had been working overtime. It was easy to set up and so far seems to be working OK, No manual was provided other than the set up guide and I've had to search the internet to find instructions for recording, playback etc.

we are both very frustrated at the lack on communication from Vodafone. I would mention that the day before the disconnection ( May 18 or 17), there was a prerecorded message purporting to be from Vidafone on our landline. It sounded exactly like the ones we regularly get from someone pretending to be Spark telling us that our internet is about to be disconnected. We have never been Spark customers, so delete these. We did the same with the Vidafone one, assuming it to be spam. If it was genuine, Vodafine should be ashamed - recorded messages are usually spam. I would have expected an email and/ or a letter at the very least. Everyone ( including you call centre staff in India) has been under stress with lockdown and the timing of this was appalling. We were 'railroaded' into a new contract as we couldn't afford to have internet disrupted. We are usually early adopters if new technology (I worked with computers since the late 1980s and taught online from the early 1990s). So being upgraded isn't the issue, but the way it was done.

I will be seeking compensation for the ten days of no TV service.

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster ewanc Frequent Poster
Message 48 of 48 (730 Views)
Its unfortunate that this is the first time Vodafone have done this. Not a lot of forward planning or communications.
Posted from Samsung SM-G960F
Stats
  • 47 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 20 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors