Vodafone TV through audio receiver

gc1
Starter Poster

Vodafone TV through audio receiver

by gc1 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (294 Views)

Hi,

I've had the new Vodafone TV for about 2 months now.  I have the TV box plugged into a network AV receiver (along with a DVD player and apple TV).

The other parts of the system work great but the Vodafone TV is so unpredictable, I never know if it will work or not.  If it is working (getting picture and sound) and I change source to one of my other inputs, it is hit or miss whether I can change back to the vodafone tv or not.  And turning on the TV, often I can't get the vodafone TV to work at all.

TV: LG 65UB930T

A/V Reciever: Integra DRX 3.1

Are there known issues with connecting through AV recievers? Got any ideas for a fix?

Cheers

Community Manager

Re: Vodafone TV through audio receiver

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

@gc1

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.

Not aware of any issue - I ran my Vodafone TV through an LG AV using HDMI with no issues.

Will ask TV team for feedback.

Cheers

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
gc1
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV through audio receiver

by gc1 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)

Thanks for the reply Mike,

I seem to be getting a slightly better sucess rate but not at all what I'd call a good user experience.  I'm suspecting the ARC or CEC functions of the various devices have something to do with this.

The Vodafone TV box seems a bt slow in this regard - if I turn on my TV and choose the Vodafone TV source on the AV receiver, best case scenaro is I get picure & sound in around 20 seconds.  Thats best case!

What normally happens is while waiting for the Vodafone TV signal its like the receiver gets a "better offer" from the Apple TV or TV or DVD player source and the receiver automatically switches to that.  I then have to grab the receiver remote and choose the Vodafone TV source again....this can go on for a few cycles till I get a stable outcome.

Any solution to this?

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors