Vodafone TV through audio receiver

gc1
Starter Poster

Vodafone TV through audio receiver

by gc1 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)

Hi,

I've had the new Vodafone TV for about 2 months now.  I have the TV box plugged into a network AV receiver (along with a DVD player and apple TV).

The other parts of the system work great but the Vodafone TV is so unpredictable, I never know if it will work or not.  If it is working (getting picture and sound) and I change source to one of my other inputs, it is hit or miss whether I can change back to the vodafone tv or not.  And turning on the TV, often I can't get the vodafone TV to work at all.

TV: LG 65UB930T

A/V Reciever: Integra DRX 3.1

Are there known issues with connecting through AV recievers? Got any ideas for a fix?

Cheers

Community Manager

Re: Vodafone TV through audio receiver

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (414 Views)

@gc1

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.

Not aware of any issue - I ran my Vodafone TV through an LG AV using HDMI with no issues.

Will ask TV team for feedback.

Cheers

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
gc1
Starter Poster

by gc1 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (270 Views)

Thanks for the reply Mike,

I seem to be getting a slightly better sucess rate but not at all what I'd call a good user experience.  I'm suspecting the ARC or CEC functions of the various devices have something to do with this.

The Vodafone TV box seems a bt slow in this regard - if I turn on my TV and choose the Vodafone TV source on the AV receiver, best case scenaro is I get picure & sound in around 20 seconds.  Thats best case!

What normally happens is while waiting for the Vodafone TV signal its like the receiver gets a "better offer" from the Apple TV or TV or DVD player source and the receiver automatically switches to that.  I then have to grab the receiver remote and choose the Vodafone TV source again....this can go on for a few cycles till I get a stable outcome.

Any solution to this?

gc1
Starter Poster

by gc1 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)

Just a heads up you're tv service is still woefully below par.  Have you given thought to creating an app for apple tv because that would probably solve the many problems your customers are reporting and you seem to do nothing about (other than saying hmm thats strange).

Guess I'll see my 12 months out and shop round for a service that does what it says.

I came to ftv from sky, their product was prehistoric but at least it was reliable and did what it says.  Vodafone should be prosecuted for putting this on the market.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors