Vodafone TV sound cutting out every 30 secs to 2 mins

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Vodafone TV sound cutting out every 30 secs to 2 mins

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 21 of 27 (156 Views)

Hi @bosha_22  You have an on account Gen1?

I also have a Samsung from that era.  These issues can be seen when not using the HDMI cable that came with the STB.
Can you please post a picture of the face of the cable here, or via a private message?  Thanks.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by bosha_22 Starter Poster
Message 22 of 27 (163 Views)
*ring up
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Regular Poster

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster mpnash Regular Poster
Message 23 of 27 (132 Views)

I've got to hand it to you @grantt .  I did exactly as you suggested (i.e. plugged the original cable that came with VF box into HDMI2 on the back of the TV), and have enjoyed an entire evening of viewing (3.5 hrs) free of the dreaded cut-outs.

Could you please remind me of the differences in the HDMI ports on the TV?  Why does the VF box need to be in HDMI2?

I previously had my home Samsung Home Theater System in HDMI2 (and VF box in HDMI3) but the switch-around has caused odd connectivity for the HTS.  I might try switching them back, but still using the orig cable for the VF box.

Many thanks for your help!  

Cheers!

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 24 of 27 (122 Views)

Good to hear @mpnash 

Its sometimes a combination of HDMI cable and HDMI port.

Some TV's handshake differently on different HDMI ports (we have seen this a lot with 4k TVs especially).

Also the HDMI cable can make a difference. Not all are created equally (although they claim to be!) which is why we always ask to use the provided HDMI cable in the first instance.

Cheers,
Grant

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Regular Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 25 of 27 (116 Views)

Thanks again @grantt . Specifically for the Samsung TV 2012 model, do you know why HDMI2 needs to be used?  Would HDMI3 be OK?  Cheers.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 26 of 27 (113 Views)

@mpnashYou could give it a go.  It could be in your case that just using the supplied HDMI cable has resolved the issue.

Cheers,

Grant

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 27 of 27 (101 Views)

Hi @grantt ,

Just to close the loop, I've tried the original HDMI cable (that was supplied with the VF unit) plugged into Samsung smart TV (2012) ports "HDMI1 (ARC)"  or "HDMI2 (DVI)" (an entire evening for each), and both worked fine without any sound drop out.  Thanks for your advice!

Stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 24w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors