03-10-2014 12:23 PM last edited 31-05-2016 11:48 AM by MikeHales
On Monday 6 October we released software version 3.5.2 to the Vodafone TV. This has some general bug fixes as well as two great features, which are:
Improvement to channel change time. It's now much quicker when you're switching between channels - we're sure you'll notice the difference, let us know what you think!
Vodafone TV App Support. You can now use a smartphone app to view TV schedules and set your Vodafone TV to record. This is really awesome - stuck late at work and going to miss your show? Pull out your phone and get it recorded. Easy. More details in the full info below.
As always, please start a new topic or post a reply below if you have any questions.
Vodafone TV App, Version 1.02 – October 2014
Vodafone is proud to announce the impending release of our Vodafone TV app for Android and iOS.
Version 1.0.2 of the application will be available from October 6. The app gives you the ability to view the guide, as well as set one-off recording reminders on your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder.
Let’s take a look at some of the screens to familiarise yourself with how the application works.
1. Search the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for ‘Vodafone NZ’ and select the ‘Vodafone TV’ app (It’s Free!). Download and install the application to your device and launch it on that device.
Edit: The app is now live for iOS! Reading this on your iPhone or iPad? Here's a direct link to the Vodafone TV app on the iOS App Store.
Edit 2: The app is now live for Android. Here's a direct link to the Vodafone TV app in the Google Play app store.
2. Read the on screen help, which will be shown on first-launch of the application. It describes some of the features and how to use them. When you are presented with the ‘Pair My Device’ screen, ensure your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder is close by.
3. On your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder (running IPG Version 3.5.2 and higher) select MENU and navigate to the GENERAL SETTINGS menu. Scroll down until you find the ‘PAIRED DEVICES’ screen and press the OK button on your remote.
The ‘Paired Devices’ Screen
4. Press the OK Button on your remote and select ‘ADD NEW DEVICE’. This will display a code on screen.
The ‘Pair Devices’ Code
5. Enter the code displayed on your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder into the Vodafone TV app and give a description for the unit (such as, it’s location)
6. If the pairing is successful, you will see a message in the APP. You will then be returned to the ‘Paired Devices’ screen in the application, where it will list devices paired. You can edit the name of the device at any time by clicking on the pencil icon. Pressing the OK button on your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder remote will show the paired devices.
Pairing Success message
Paired Devices Screen
Paired Devices Screen on the VDTR after successful pairing
7. Click on the MENU icon in the application and choose TV Guide. This will display the TV guide for your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder.
8. To set a programme to record, tap it
9. Either tap on the red RECORD icon to record the programme, or tap on the i button to display the programme information.
The programme information screen
10. If you are at the Programme Information screen, tap the RECORD button. This will set the programme to record.
Approximately 5 minutes later (UFB) or nearly instantly (Cable) your recording will be displayed in the Planner on your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder
Recording displayed in the Planner on the Vodafone Digital TV Recorder
What devices are currently supported by the Vodafone TV App?
Android: Samsung Galaxy Mini, Vodafone Smart Mini / 875, Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/S3 mini running Android 2.3 or later.
Apple: iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone6, iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 7.1 or later
Can I only use this on my home wi-fi?
The Vodafone TV app can be used wherever you are. Wi-fi, 3G and 4G
How many Vodafone Digital TV Recorders can be paired to my device?
At this stage, you may only pair one Vodafone Digital TV Recorder per mobile device. You can however pair your Vodafone Digital TV recorder up to 4 mobile devices in your household.
Can I set series link recordings? How about reminders?
This version of the APP only allows One-Off recordings. In an upcoming release Series Link recordings and reminders will also be available.
Are Pay Per View Movies (Now’s Good) and Sky Arena events able to be recorded?
Now’s Good movies cannot be recorded. You can set Sky Arena ‘Free Events’ to record. Sky Arena ‘Pay’ events must be purchased before they can be recorded.
Can I answer my phone and return to where I was in the guide on the APP?
Answering your phone or otherwise closing the app from screen will require you to re-launch and navigate to where you were.
Why are recordings in my planner not showing in the guide? How come recordings I set in the app are no longer shown on the guide when I relaunch the app?
This will be added in the next release of the APP.
Will parental controls persist on any programmes I set to record via the APP?
Yes. If you record a programme that is higher than the set parental control, entry of the parental pin will be required before you can view the recording.
Can I delete any recordings set on the APP?
Yes, you will need to do this via the planner on the Vodafone Digital TV Recorder.
I can set multiple programmes to record at the same time, but only two record.
Yes, It is possible to set many programmes to record at the same time. Your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder will resolve this when it comes time to record (any conflicting programmes will NOT be recorded).
Do you have a tablet version of the Vodafone TV APP?
This is coming up next. Yes, we are excited just like you!
Note: Screenshots in this document are shown from an iPhone 5. Screens may vary from device to device.
05-10-2014 11:45 AM
@gregps It's likely it will not show until tommorow.
You won't be able to use the remote record facility anyway, until your Vodafone Digital TV Recorder updates it's software.
The software for that is being rolled out later tommorow (Monday).
05-10-2014 12:54 PM - edited 05-10-2014 12:57 PM
@gregpsas above " On Monday 6 October "
24-08-2015 09:18 PM
Do you know what the bug fixes are?
Have they fixed the jumping / uneven rewinding and fast forwarding?
Have they put in the ability to select what time in the recording you can start viewing from?
06-10-2014 12:12 PM
Good news - the Vodafone TV app is now live for iOS, so you can now download it to your iPhone or iPad. Here's a link to the Vodafone TV app on the iOS App Store.
06-10-2014 12:47 PM
06-10-2014 12:45 PM - edited 06-10-2014 12:45 PM
Hi, Has this been pushed to the Settop boxes yet? our box is showing version 3.3.2
Copyright © Vodafone New Zealand Ltd