Vodafone TV software v3.5.2 and Vodafone TV App

Regular Poster

Re: Vodafone TV software v3.5.2 and Vodafone TV App

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster bigrob73 Regular Poster
Message 31 of 39 (2,232 Views)

So my Yodafone tv works great. heaps of shortcut features that sky didnt have. Only problem is pre padding and TVNZs insistance on running right to the end time frame. It has been queried before but an alter would be nice..

Happy potato.

Ted
Starter Poster

by Ted Starter Poster
Message 32 of 39 (2,145 Views)
App now (May 2015) looks very useful and I will now make use of the App. I could just about throw away the old remote for daily use if I could play recorded program's from the app. Is this possible? and is this capability planned and if so when.
Posted from Apple iPhone
New Poster

by TheBatman New Poster
Message 33 of 39 (1,916 Views)
Hi, when is the next TV update planned? Will 5.1 be supported, also when fast forwarding, a time measure would be very handy.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

by Dylan Retired Staff
Message 34 of 39 (2,165 Views)

@TheBatman wrote:
Hi, when is the next TV update planned? Will 5.1 be supported, also when fast forwarding, a time measure would be very handy.

Sorry, I don't have information about future updates or features at this time, but will be sure to post when I do. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by Dylan Retired Staff
Message 35 of 39 (2,135 Views)

@TheBatman wrote:

Hi @TheBatman

A colleague has pointed out to me that 5.1 is supported over the optical out. Hopefully that will suit you.

Thanks

Dylan

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by gliderboy Starter Poster
Message 36 of 39 (2,125 Views)

Hi Dylan

I have just moved to fibre and swapped my Sky Decoder for Vodafone TV. I,m hanging on the the Sky box for now as there are a few horrible issues with Vodafone TV.

You may have updated the software to improve chanel change lag, but I have experienced the opposite problem:  The decoder jumps ahead erratically when scrolling the menus or listings.  It's nearly unusable and really frustrating trying to select the correct option.  Is this a known issue, and what is being done about it and when (or do I revert to Sky decoder)?

Why is the Vodafone TV App so badly publicised? I only discovered it existed yesterday when I came onto this forum to complain that you can't search the programme guide on the Decoder and the website has no remote record options (like Sky has).  Surely the installer could hand over a basic info guide and info about the App?

However, the app is quite good.  At least you can remote record (and Series link is great - so well doneVodafone on that one) and SEARCH the program guide with it.  Why is this basic SEARCH feature not available on the set-top box?  Glaring omission. (I can forgive the web page for not having any functionality as it requires a user login/link to the decoder (but Sky can do this, so what's wrong with Vodafone TV?)

I hope the basic remote control issue is sorted out soon.....

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster bigrob73 Regular Poster
Message 37 of 39 (1,982 Views)

So when the missus saw something i liked the other night she hit record, ovbiously the time had passed but if sky was running it would have recorded from the start. Is this something you see happening for Vtv.

Posted from Samsung SM-T310
Retired Staff

by Dylan Retired Staff
Message 38 of 39 (1,961 Views)

@bigrob73 wrote:

So when the missus saw something i liked the other night she hit record, ovbiously the time had passed but if sky was running it would have recorded from the start. Is this something you see happening for Vtv.

Hi bigrob73

I haven't heard of that feature being added to Vodafone TV, but it sounds interesting.

Cheers

Dylan

Starter Poster

by bgnz Starter Poster
Message 39 of 39 (1,813 Views)

Hi, just wonder why this post from a year ago appears under 'New Solutions'?

Please can you update it?....eg

When is a new version of the app/ set top box software going to be released....a year since the last release seems a long time?

Will the STB 

• be made more responsive to the remote controller at some stage...much less responsive than a Sky remote...never quite sure what I am deleting as it lags so long.
  • stop the frequent 'loss of place' in the programme when fast forward/rewind...often skips 15 minutes or so when 'play' is pressed, even if paused first.
  • stop skipping to the end of the recording after about 6-7 fast-forward/ rewind actions
  • make available the Sky 'download and watch anytime' function?
Stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 4y ago
  • 22 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors