Vodafone TV remote not working

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone TV remote not working

by raver Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (326 Views)

Ive just recently set up my vodafone tv however i cannot get the remote that comes with it to work unless im standing pretty much right in front of the tv box. Ive tried changing batteries, getting new remotes from vodafone, getting a new vodafone tv box and also resetting the remote. Ive also made sure there is nothing obstructing the tv box and have tried moving the bow around to various different locations but nothig i do works. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Staff

Re: Vodafone TV remote not working

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 9 (294 Views)

Hi @raver 

Sorry to hear of this issue.  It sounds like a localised interference problem, since all hardware has been swapped out.
What make/model TV do you have?  Can you post a photo showing the overall location of the STB vs TV?

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

by raver Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (277 Views)

Localised Interference? I made sure to remove anything that culd be obstructing the vodafone TV box when i was using the remote? Ive attached a pic showing my tv (A samsung) and the placement of the TV box. I cant make sense of any of this so id be greatfull for any help.Samsung TV.jpg

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster GarethCollins Regular Poster
Message 4 of 9 (274 Views)

Have you tried this on your remote?

1. Press and hold the Blue and Menu button until the LED (power button on your remote) blinks green twice.
  2. Enter 9+9+9+9 - the LED will blink green for each "9". After the 4th 9, your Remote will blink Red four times and will be back to its original state

No guarantees it will work but worth a try...

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 5 of 9 (240 Views)

@raver 

I suspect this is IR interference from your TV set or lighting in the room.

Can you please move the set top box to the first shelf and push it back on the shelf?

Cheers,

Grant

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

by raver Starter Poster
Message 6 of 9 (255 Views)
Hey Gareth, yes I've tried that as well. I actually videoed myself doing that for a Vodafone tech because after pressing 9999 and getting green lights after each press, at the final step I never got any red lights come up after entering that number sequence which was odd. I videoed it because the tech initially didnt believe me when i told him. I'm not sure wether that means anything?
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by raver Starter Poster
Message 7 of 9 (228 Views)
Hi Grant I'll try that. It cud be the TV, I dont think it wud be lighting as I only use a lamp.
Starter Poster

by raver Starter Poster
Message 8 of 9 (227 Views)
Hey Grant, thankyou sooooo much. It worked. I put the TV box at the back of the top shelf underneath the TV and the remote worked first time. I really did not think this would work as I had moved the box around several times, but only on too of the TV cabinet and to the side of the cabinet on the floor. Can you explain to me why this worked?
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 9 of 9 (217 Views)

Hi @raver 

Great that resolved the issue. We've seen this in the past with the T-Box also.  Too much IR interference from the TV itself. It could even be your lighting in the room (pushing it back on the shelf blocks the light directly from the STB).

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors