Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

by Tess Starter Poster
Message 21 of 35 (1,284 Views)
I feel your pain. Didnt think this would ever happen but after 6 weeks of this incredibly inferior product, I have gone back to the Sky and a mysky box. Costs $30 a month more but at least it doesnt lock up etc.
Absolute garbage.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by DavidDangerMcAloon Starter Poster
Message 22 of 35 (175 Views)

Hi there what steps did you take to do this. My partner is about to pack her bags and leave as it drops out all the time.  Need to go back to mysky ASAP.

Starter Poster

by Thehandleys Starter Poster
Message 23 of 35 (98 Views)

I am sorry for your issues. 

My connection has improved significantly all by itself.  I haven't changed anything in my set up or with my internet connection, but now the service hardly ever drops out and the freezing doesn't happen so much.  I am baffled.  It is clearly nothing to do with my home set up.  It must be something else down the pipe or at vodafone that caused the issues. 

Starter Poster

by BTM72 Starter Poster
Message 24 of 35 (1,281 Views)
Yep just made the same call today!
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by xpertz Starter Poster
Message 25 of 35 (1,202 Views)
May have been just an outage with Vodafones cloud service. It just started working the next day. Been sweet since then.
Posted from Samsung SM-G920I
Starter Poster

by Thehandleys Starter Poster
Message 26 of 35 (1,187 Views)
Same for us. I havent changed anything, but there’s been no outage for a week. No issues at all. Perhaps all is now good.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Boro_boy Starter Poster
Message 27 of 35 (682 Views)
Mine tells me I have no connection yet when I go to settings it tells me I'm connected, this normally happens when turning over chanels. My wi fi is still working and my wi fi extenders show no issues.
Just starting tonight my screen has started going black for a few seconds.
I've had nothing but issues with Vodafonetv since day one and nothing has happened about any of them. I expected better service from them and especially when their prices are comparative wirh Sky, I know which provider I prefer
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by TamanMck Starter Poster
Message 28 of 35 (500 Views)

I have the same issue. The Box is behaving a lot like Windows XP did with its "Limited and No Connectivety Issue".

When this happened in XP the operating system can not maintain the automatic IP and DNS settings. Basically lost its way to the Ethernet port I pick that is the issue the box has. Some thing is causing it to lose this ability. With XP a few restarts or unplugging the equipment would bring around a temporary fix. However manually configuring the IP and DNS was more permanent.

Starter Poster

by wistalow Starter Poster
Message 29 of 35 (477 Views)

Sounds like the issue I posted yesterday is very similar.  Hopefully Vodafone will provide a solution soon.

Starter Poster

by TamanMck Starter Poster
Message 30 of 35 (471 Views)

In my case the instability began when we upgraded the Speeds. I wonder if the Vodafone TV was designed and optomised for the 100MB and below connection. It is not currently managing the higher speeds and heavy user scenario. 

Pretty sure it is fixable with software updates rather than nit picking peoples premise equipment. 

Stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors