Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV loosing internet connection daily

by wistalow Starter Poster
Message 31 of 35 (473 Views)

Hadn't thought of that.  I'll try mine in a Netgear router with max speed of 90, see if that makes a difference.  Would love a response from Vodafone, however.

Contributor

by Contributor causality Contributor
Message 32 of 35 (406 Views)

Don't think the speed is an issue, more like delivery of content over your connection in your area is being interrupted somehow.

I'm on VF Gigabit and my VFTV is consistently allocated from 200 - 300MB via the Ultrahub on Ethernet (5M of Cat-6 cable) while streaming content at 1080p.

However, if you are not connecting to VFTV from modem via Ethernet, but via WiFi, then there may be other factors impacting your speeds, like kitchen whiteware (FF, microwave, stove), electrical wiring or water pipes close by, steel reinforcing, steel framing, or other embeded metal, cordless phones on the same WIFI frequency, wireless capable printers, even TVs can impact on WIFI connections.

And, Sagemcom uses a flavour of Linux for the VFTV Operating System.

Starter Poster

by TamanMck Starter Poster
Message 33 of 35 (287 Views)

Will be interesting to see what Vodafone finds. 

I personally doubt delivery of content is causing the vodafone TV to stop recognising the network connections. Linux distro's are not immune to issues recognising the ethernet port. 

My own TV is on Ethernet and worked flawlessly before I move on to the gig. has been good for two days now, so perhaps just crossing my fingers was all that was needed Smiley Happy

Thanks for the ideas . 

Starter Poster

by TamanMck Starter Poster
Message 34 of 35 (101 Views)

I have found that their is a link between the Power Settings and Stability. However that has a fish hook.

The Boxes are more stable (we have 2) when you leave them on the Quick Start setting. However the catch is that its using large amounts of data every hour to allow quick start. (talking several GB per hour). Which as well as being wasteful makes the rest of the houses internet compromised.

I do now regret getting Vodafone TV and commiting to a contract. At this time its just not good enough. Try Amazon, Netflix or any other TV using a Kodi Box, Xbox or Playstation and you will know this is not good enough. To be honest I thought the Sky Digital Plus was a better experience.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by wistalow Starter Poster
Message 35 of 35 (98 Views)

Thanks for the advice.  Mine is set to stand by mode.  I will change it and see what happens.  Thinking of going back to Sky myself if this issue continues.

Stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors