Vodafone TV internet connection keeps dropping

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Urgent Vodafone TV internet connection keeps dropping can't restart

by MarkFisher Starter Poster
Message 21 of 31 (230 Views)

Just an update since Grant replaced my faulty router, the WPS switch didnt work, and supplied a new booster I have had no further problems. I have also found that using the supplied HSMI cable rather than the seemingly better quality one I was using has improved the starting issues I has where I had to change HDMI chnnles to get a picture. Feeling positive that my problems now resolved. Thanks Grant.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: Vodafone TV internet connection keeps dropping

by Regular Poster AndrewCooper1 Regular Poster
Message 22 of 31 (163 Views)
Any one got a fix for this yet? Im beginning to think it's the Vodafone tv box software or firmware.
Posted from Samsung SM-G973F
Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 23 of 31 (124 Views)

Any luck from anyone on this yet? 

I am convinced its a software bug in their box but Vodafone wont admit it. 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by KarinBennenbroek Starter Poster
Message 24 of 31 (95 Views)

This issue just started for me today.  Internet connection is lost and now cannot view any TV channels but can view live streaming on Youtube and can watch the programes only via the TVNZ app.  I am not using any extender as connected directly via ethernet cable.   Have tried switching everything off and restarting but makes no difference.  The error code SC401 comes up sometimes after a restart otherwise it just says Internet Connection was lost.

Everything else in the house works fine with the internet. 

It says I am connected in the settings!  Should I try a factory reset?

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 25 of 31 (84 Views)
I used to try that and it didn't help.

Sometimes changing the IP address etc settings to manual from auto and back kicks it back into life, else lots of turning the Vodafone box off and on again
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 26 of 31 (68 Views)

Thanks AndrewCooper1, your advise about the IP settings got me thinking and also I noticed I couldn't access 192.168.1.1 gateway nor the ultraplus.hub page (it just said no internet connection - even though I could access other websites fine)   So this morning I rebooted the vodafone Ultrahubplus modem and now everything works again.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 27 of 31 (38 Views)
Yup that's the only thing that fixes it so far is just rebooting the Vodafone box. Im going to get a wifi power plug and set it to reboot the Vodafone box at set times each day.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 28 of 31 (32 Views)

No I didn't reboot the Vodafone TV Box... I simply rebooted the Vodafone Ultra Hub modem.  Powered it off for a minute and rebooted it.  After several minutes it all started working again properly.  I found that rebooting the TV box alone didn't do anything to fix it at all.

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 29 of 31 (24 Views)

Ah ok, sounds like your issue is different to mine, rebooting my router does nothing. I am buying a wifi power plug to schedule reboots of the vodafone box so I dont have to keep getting up and pulling the plug out of it.  

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 30 of 31 (22 Views)

Hi @AndrewCooper1 

I've now reviewed the numerous notes on your agent interactions and can see from these that you appear to have a non-standard setup that we do not support.  With a typical home setup, rebooting should not be required regularly.   We only recommend that the VTV device is powered down at night with the remote on/off.  I will send you a direct message if you want to talk about it further.

Regards

Hamish

Stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 12w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 10 Contributors