Vodafone TV internet connection keeps dropping

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV internet connection keeps dropping

by Bob46 Starter Poster
Message 11 of 32 (868 Views)

Our TV with a new Vodafone TV box is not often used but I've been trying it today and I'm getting regular freezing or complete dropout. One time it did it eactly as i turned off my Computer in the same room so I wondering if this is a coincidence or if there is a chance of a surge via the wifi.

Any ideas would be appreciated 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Nutta Starter Poster
Message 12 of 32 (875 Views)

If you're VFTX is close to your internet router, I'd try using a network cable instead of WIFI. 

If you're having to use the wireless extenders that VF provide, you'd best log a case with them.

Are there any error messages? My faults usually have the VFTV pop something up onscreen, not just freeze.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Bob46 Starter Poster
Message 13 of 32 (873 Views)

Thanks. A network cable is an option I guess. I'd have to order one online as I don't have anything as long as it would need. But it is a recent problem as we watched lots of tennis in the summer with no problems.

The message on the screen is "Your Vodafone TV cannot play this content as the connection was lost"

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Nutta Starter Poster
Message 14 of 32 (873 Views)

Yeah, that's exactly the error I'm getting, and I am using a network cable, not WIFI. I find it usually happens when changing channels after some content has played.

I've reset the VFTV (both from settings menu, and using hardware reset button on the back), changed network cables, changed network ports on my router, used a different router, sworn at it, but nothing has worked.

Vodafone have shipped me another unit, which NZ Post have had since Monday. NZ post must like it, because they've taken all week to move it from Wiri to New Lynn in Auckland, but have yet to actually try to deliver it. Not a Vodafone issue that one...  8-)

It will be interesting to see if the new device resolves the problem. I've had a look at the network traffic going out through the router from it, and there are an awful lot of timed out connections to Vodafone DNS server and other content servers...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 15 of 32 (869 Views)

check that the you tube and other apps work. I found when I got that message the apps worked fine (you tube and TVNZ). So the internet to the vodafone tv was fine, but the tv streams were not. 

I got it constantly for 2-3 days but not at all since

Another thing - when using the wifi booster for TV only (rather than the older Wifi Extenders) make sure the booster is set to station mode on the rear switch which only connects the Vodafone TV. (you'll need to re=pair the booster and reboot when changing the switch)

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Nutta Starter Poster
Message 16 of 32 (867 Views)
Hi,

Netflix etc from VFTV box work fine when the tv channel streams do not. So internet connectivity from the VFTV, on the face if it, seems fine.
Posted from Samsung SM-N975F
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Urgent Vodafone TV internet connection keeps dropping can't restart

by MarkFisher Starter Poster
Message 17 of 32 (762 Views)

Hi I am having the same problem with the internet connection lost. This only started after the update. Last night lost the connection and it wont reconnect today. Box and extenders all have been rebooted with no joy. I have vfone fibre max and am unable to use extenders as a booster as modem wont go into WPS mode. I cant connevt my ipad to stream as it wonts QR code from vodafone TV!! 

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Urgent Vodafone TV internet connection keeps dropping can't restart

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 18 of 32 (746 Views)

Hi @MarkFisher 

Please private message me with your STB serial and account number and I will take a look.

Cheers,
Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
New Poster

by 根本篤史 New Poster
Message 19 of 32 (680 Views)

I have the same problem. My vodafonetv does not connect to the internet. Other devices such as my mobile or computer connects to the internet just fine.

I even bought the wifi booster but it still doesnt connect.

Can you help please?

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 20 of 32 (670 Views)

Hi @根本篤史 

Please send me a PM with more details (account, STB serial and your setup including router make/model and devices between your STB and the router (if any).

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 24w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 10 Contributors