Vodafone TV hdr problem

Starter Poster

Vodafone TV hdr problem

by wanganui1 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (247 Views)

Hi, 

I am trying to connect a new Vodafone TV box. I am connecting the box to my Pioneer VSX-LX303 receiver and then to an LG 4k TV.

The LG TV sees an HDR compatible signal from the receiver and insists on converting to the HDR mode. If I manually turn off HDR on the TV, it automatically prompts me (with a big splash screen that you cannot exit) to switch back again. Before it switchs back I can see the Vodafone setup screen in the background. 

This is not happening with other STB's I have connected (PC, Apple TV version 2 etc) which do not send an HDR signal. 

I am thinking that the issue might be the supplied HDMI cable that comes with the Vodafone box - ie it is not hdcp 2,2 compatible? 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV hdr problem

by MengChhour Starter Poster
Message 2 of 6 (223 Views)

Hi,

The packaged HDMI cable is compatiable with 4K and HDR. Are you able to connect the STB directly to the TV as a test?

Thanks.

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (217 Views)
Thanks for the reply. I have been able to get the STB working if I connect it directly to the TV - using the HDMI cable which is usually connected to the Receivers HDMI Arc out.

This suggests to me that there is some handshake issue between the STB and the receiver.
The next step is to try another HDMI cable today to see if that solves the issue. Thanks
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Starter Poster

by MengChhour Starter Poster
Message 4 of 6 (213 Views)

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on your findings. 

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)

Problem solved - the hdmi cable between the receiver and the tv was not good enough for the full 4k HDR signal. 

The TV recognises that the Vodafone STB is capable of 4k HDR so it automatically switches to on its HDR setting. However the cable was no up to this signal. Switching the Vodafone STB back to 1080 is an interim solution until I can rewire with a hsmi cable that can handle 4k HDR. 

Contributor

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (123 Views)

Nice work

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors