Vodafone TV gen2 HDR issue

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone TV gen2 HDR issue

by Wolfman Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (203 Views)

Hopefully somebody from Vodafone here can help me on this as I think I may have a faulty unit.

So my Vodafone tv outputs all content, be it free to air or sky channels or on apps, in high dynamic range (HDR).  This is connected direct to my tv and does the same when I connect via my av receiver.  Even changing the resolution does nothing, still HDR.  Have tried different cables and connected to different hdmi ports, no difference.

So all content looks really washed out as box is converting the SDR content to HDR.  Even turning off HDR on my tv doesn't make a difference as it's the content coming from the box that is not right.

TV isn't the issue as PS4 pro and Apple TV 4K work just fine, are in SDR then change to HDR when required.

Can someone here please help?  Or can I get a replacement unit?  Should I just go back to where I bought it and ask for an exchange?

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Have tried calling customer support but they haven't got a clue what I'm talking about to be honest.  

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Vodafone TV gen2 HDR issue

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 6 (187 Views)

Hi @Wolfman 

What is the make/model of your TV?

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 6 (184 Views)

Hi Grant,

Its a Panasonic OLED TH-55GZ1000U.

Im hoping it's not just a compatibility issue between the 2 devices as have only recently got the tv and really like the VTV.

Cheers

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 6 (182 Views)

Looking at the manual for your TV now.. Which HDMI port do you have the STB plugged into?

If not into HDMI 3, can you please try this port?  Also, are you using the supplied cable?  It will look like the attached.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (178 Views)
Yep I've tried connecting to all HDMI ports using the hdmi cable that came with the VTV and also my other 4k capable cables that work just fine displaying 4k and hdr content on my apple TV 4k and PS4 pro.
Posted from Google Pixel 3
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 6 (166 Views)

I tried again connecting to hdmi3 but no change.  Also reset again and still HDR all the time. 

Pressing the tv info buttton it says 3840x2160/50hz/HDR(PQ).

Have tried everything I can think over over the past couple of weeks, even using an hdmi cable that can't handle 4K/60HZ as would be happy with just 1080p, but that still outputs HDR!

Really hoping it's the unit that's faulty, would really like to try another unit.  

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 13w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors