Vodafone TV dropping out and freezing

New Poster

Vodafone TV dropping out and freezing

by gayepowell49 New Poster
Message 1 of 7 (751 Views)

Since we joined Vodafone TV in October 2018 it has consistently dropped out or frozen. I am continuously pressing the WPS buttons on AP box as instructed, turning off router at the wall and pressing the WPS button, turning everything off, pulling out plugs, resetting boxes, pressing WPS on all boxes. It is so annoying and frustrating. We spend more time watching Netflix (which we have not connected to Vodafone TV thank goodness) than we do Vodafone TV. A week ago I had yet another conversation with Vodafone Help people both on the chatline and on the telephone. This time I was told something was blocking the wifi connection between the router and AP box or AP box and extender. We moved things around as much as possible. The connection lasted one day and since then the television has frozen every night. Last night and today I can't get the AP box to pair with the router at all. They are sitting right next to each other. I have reset them, unplugged, pressed WPS buttons and am now ready to throw the whole lot out of the window. As others have said - why should we pay a disconnection fee of $199 to disconnect from a system that doesn't work. I cannot get hold of anyone - the telephone rings and rings - the only person available on the chat line is someone new and appears to deal only with mobile phones. I am now going to Consumer.

Staff

Re: Vodafone TV dropping out and freezing

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 2 of 7 (712 Views)

Hi @gayepowell49 

This doesn't sound right at all.  Can you please DM me (click my name and then message me directly) with your accunt number & mobile number details and I can get someone else to sort this out.

Regards

Hamish

Starter Poster

by MidBeckett Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (636 Views)

I too have this problem.

I am in the Whangarei area, supposed to have great Broadband.

I have a HG359 Home Gateway.

About 20% of programs do not load on my Skybox.

The programs that do load have intermittant dropouts, very annoying.

The box is connected by Cat 3 cable.

How do I find whether this problem comes from the Broadband service or the Home Gateway?

It used to be really reliable.

Do I have to change to Spark?

HELP!

Mid Beckett

Highlighted
Staff

Message 4 of 7 (614 Views)

Hi @MidBeckett 

This sounds like an issue with your Broadband.  Also, I presume your modem is an HG659 as we've never sold a 359 model?  I'll pass on your details today for someone to investigate your broadband and potentially TV issue.

Regards

Hamish

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 7 (453 Views)

This problem persist and is gradually getting worse.

About half my required programs are failing.

Is the only answer to stop Vodafone and go direct to Sky?

I seem to get no other help from Vodafone !

Staff

Message 6 of 7 (428 Views)

Hi @MidBeckett did no one contact you?   There are no known faults with the service currently and it's working fine for most people, so this must relate to your broadband connection.  Apologies, we should have contacted you to resolve this by now.   I'll chase down what's happened and make sure someone contacts you asap.

Regards

Hamish

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 7 (390 Views)

5 Days ago I wass promised a new account system that included my cell account, and Vodafone Sky, with the new boxes.

I have intermittant Broadband reception with the current system.

The accounts eem to be still arrivinf separately.

The new system was promise to be set up this week.

That has not happened.

Do I have to cancel the whole thing and go over to Spark - Sky to get service?

Maurice Beckett

Account Number: 452386003

Mobile Number: 0272651046

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors