Vodafone TV box menu background

Highlighted
New Poster

Vodafone TV box menu background

by DonnaMaylard New Poster
Message 1 of 6 (213 Views)

Hi there,

I just got a Vodafone TV plan set up for my Mum.  She hasn't got very good eyesight and she's having major issues trying to read anything on the channel menu as it leaves the currently playing tv show in the background and the menu is just an overlay.  Is there any way to turn off the active background and have the channel menu appear against a solid background?

When the Vodafone sales guy in the shop showed us the menu it appeared to be very clear and easy to see but we're finding this is not the case at all.

Similar issue with the remote, black remote with very tiny writing on the buttons, she can't see any of it.  Anyone know if it's possible to get a different style of remote?  Or can you make a universal remote work with it?

Thanks

Contributor

Re: Vodafone TV box menu background

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 2 of 6 (188 Views)
Hi Donna,

As far as I know you can’t stop the picture playing in the background but I’ll check just in case.

Vodafone TV does work with Harmony universal remotes which are backlit and can be programmed (for example) to skip multiple times to move through ads move quickly.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Gw1
Starter Poster

by Gw1 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (152 Views)

Does anyone know what 'product/model' to use on the Harmony remote to set it up for the Vodafone TV box (new generation) ?

Posted from Apple iPad
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 6 (149 Views)

@Gw1  All covered in this thread on Geekzone

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=40&topicid=254293&page_no=1

This thread is about the menu back ground as per title!

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Gw1
Starter Poster

by Gw1 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 6 (138 Views)

Thanks johnr - much appreciated....only asked as someone mentioned harmony in the thread

Posted from Apple iPad
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 6 (135 Views)
Harmony remotes are supported
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors