Vodafone TV Solid Green Screen on Startup

Regular Poster

Vodafone TV Solid Green Screen on Startup

[ Edited ]
by Regular Poster tehoro Regular Poster
Message 1 of 14 (2,298 Views)

I’ve been happier than I expected with Vodafone TV. But one issue continues to bother me.  Every night or two when I start it up all I see is a solid green screen. Powering off and on gives me the same thing.

After a discussion with a helpful Vodafone Ninja I have a workaround. What I now do is power it off, remove the Ethernet cable, power it on again and it comes up with an error that an Internet connection is unavailable, then when I plug the Ethernet cable back in it works fine,

Is this a known bug that can be fixed in a firmware update or something?  I’m running on the latest software ... 3.1.3413.02cvtn(NZ).

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Re: Vodafone TV Solid Green Screen on Startup

Message 2 of 14 (2,167 Views)

Recently this has morphed into a pink screen on startup every second day or so.  After further discussion with another Vodafone Ninja I swapped in a new HDMI cable from the Vodafone TV to my LG TV.  So far, so good, so perhaps the problem is related to the HDMI cable?

Starter Poster

by AndrewCooper Starter Poster
Message 3 of 14 (2,093 Views)

I have a solid pink screen on start up. Wont go away even with the ethernet trick.

Regular Poster

Message 4 of 14 (1,661 Views)

An update on this problem which continues to bug me ... either a solid green or a solid pink screen.  It turned out that the new HDMI cable didn’t help. When it happened, every few nights, I needed to power off (for 10 secs or so) and then power on the Vodafone TV to fix it.  It wasn’t necessary to also disconnect the Ethernet cable.

I have now changed the power setting (More Settings > Power) to “Power Saving” mode.  It was formerly on “Instant On”.  My hope is that this is closer to a power cycle.  So far, so good .. after several evening start ups, I have had no green or pink screens yet.

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Message 5 of 14 (1,426 Views)

Just another update. I am still getting occasional pink screens on startup.  Has just happened two days in a row.

It is fixed when the VFTV is powered off and on again.

Very frustrating, and I hope that the next software update will fix this.

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 14 (1,085 Views)

Hello @HamishSansom

i continue to be plagued by this problem ... almost every evening when I start up the Vodafone TV it starts up and then switches to a solid pink screen.  I have to power it off and on again to fix.

Is there a fix coming up for this please?

Thanks.

Posted from Apple iPad
Regular Poster

Message 7 of 14 (287 Views)

I sure hope that the updated firmware for the Gen 1 boxes, after the RWC is over, fixes this issue for me. It's still happening. Smiley Sad

Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 8 of 14 (278 Views)

@tehoro pink or green screen is a HDMI/HDCP interoperability problem. Like you, I'm expecting improvements in the next release.

I'm assuming you have tried the different HDMI ports on your TV? Panasonics for example seem to work fine on HDMI3,4 but not so well on HDMI 1 or 2.

Some TVs allow you to change various HMDI parameters too. Try turning off CEC

Regular Poster

Message 9 of 14 (255 Views)

Many thanks for those suggestions @JamRam.

I had not tried a different HDMI input .. the Vodafone TV is currently on HDMI 2 on an LG C8 TV.  The next time the problem occurs I will try switching to HDMI 3.

I have also now turned off CEC since I didn't need it anyway.

Contributor

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 10 of 14 (252 Views)

@tehoro thanks for that. Very keen to know how you get on so please keep us updated

Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors