Vodafone TV Solid Green Screen on Startup

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Re: Vodafone TV Solid Green Screen on Startup

by Frequent Poster tehoro Frequent Poster
Message 11 of 14 (626 Views)

Hi @JamRam.

I had a pink screen again this evening.  Switching to HDMI 3 and HDMI 4 I got a green screen, as I did when I plugged it back in to HDMI 2.

A power restart of the VTV (Gen 1 box) fixed it.

To be blunt, I should not even need to be trying this ... the box and firmware provided to me should be capable of driving a modern Smart TV from any HDMI port without such problems. In my view this is a defective system. If the updated firmware doesn't fix it, I would expect to be provided with a Gen 2 box in the hope that would work properly.

Regards.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 12 of 14 (606 Views)

@tehoro the release that we are expecting next week does have HDMI/HDCP fixes. This release is the same for both Gen1 and Gen2 from that perspective.

The plan is to push to our controlled test group at the same time as commencing formal testing. Rollout will start the week following.

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster tehoro Frequent Poster
Message 13 of 14 (603 Views)

Thanks @JamRam  ... good to hear this issue is being addressed in the new release. Is that the same thing as updated firmware?

I'm pretty sure I read on the long GeekZone thread that a firmware update would not be done until after the RWC has finished in early November.  So the update is sooner now?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 14 of 14 (601 Views)

@tehero yes, this is the updated firmware.

It is correct that the main upgrade will not happen until after RWC but we will be looking to progressively build confidence in this release during. Check out my DM to you.

Stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors