Vodafone TV Skysport FPS

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone TV Skysport FPS

by justchecking Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (1,071 Views)

Hi,

I'm considering geting Vodafone TV for sky sport purposes, I'd like to know users experince of sky sports being streamed.  I'm mainly concerned with the FPS, I know the stream is in HD but what FPS is at streaming at ?

I don't want to pay for sport streaming at 1080p @ 25FPS . Thats usless to me. Do you notice any frame rate issues in fast moving sporting action? 

Also I understand theres no TV 1, tv 2 Plus one channels for repeat timing, is there a way around this? i.e can you use the EPG to go back 3 hours and watch whatever you want?

Thanks for your help

Staff

Re: Vodafone TV Skysport FPS

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 2 of 6 (1,048 Views)

Hi @justchecking

Sky Sport channels on Vodafone TV are 1080p @ 50fps.

There's no need for the +1 channels on Vodafoe TV as you can go backwards in the guide up to 3 days and view programmes (ie: Watch One News at 7pm or up to 3 days later, by scrolling backwards to that programme, press OK on 'Catchup..' and select 'restart'.

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by justchecking Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (1,046 Views)

Thanks Grant, Im guessing you don't have an answer for my first question?

Regards

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 6 (1,040 Views)

Hi @justchecking

Sky only broadcast @ 25fps.  

Vodafone TV is streaming it @ 50fps for all Sport channels.

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
New Poster

by PamEnglefieldAbsolum New Poster
Message 5 of 6 (542 Views)

Well, the sports channels and art channel that I requested never eventuates.  Plenty of channels which one doesn’t need.  Hence, my Vodafone TV is being sent back.

not only that, the person cancelled my previous direct debit account and gave me a new account number, and now I am lumbered with a late fee and no direct debit.

ring the 0800 number and wait, and wait and wait.  Today was told a 50-60 minute wait!!! Call this business.  Be quicker to get a flight to the moon.

Posted from Apple iPad
Staff

by Staff HamishSansom Staff
Message 6 of 6 (512 Views)

Hi @PamEnglefieldAbsolum 

Adding the Sports and Arts channels is a very basic part of setting up the service.  If you haven't sent it back yet we can sort this out very quickly.  Please DM me your details and we will fix this.  Apologies that you weren't able to get a resolution through our other channels.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 39w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors