Vodafone TV Reset?

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV Reset?

by Rentakill Starter Poster
Message 21 of 24 (213 Views)

Hi Coil.

Thanks for your reply.

I have been in contact with Vodafone Technical assistance and had it explained to me that the original T Box or model i have is in fact being Phased out... Over the past few months Vodafone have been totally de-activating them and making them pretty much useless.

I asked the Question why they didnt just disable the Streaming capabilities and leave the STB as a standalone Terrestrial Freeview box - but was given the standard reply.

So to the Wheelie bin they go.... With 500gb Harddrive.

Cheers

Ren

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 22 of 24 (203 Views)

@Rentakill wrote:

Hi Coil.

Thanks for your reply.

I have been in contact with Vodafone Technical assistance and had it explained to me that the original T Box or model i have is in fact being Phased out... Over the past few months Vodafone have been totally de-activating them and making them pretty much useless.

I asked the Question why they didnt just disable the Streaming capabilities and leave the STB as a standalone Terrestrial Freeview box - but was given the standard reply.

So to the Wheelie bin they go.... With 500gb Harddrive.

Cheers

Ren

The old T-Boxes were never used as terrestrial freeview boxes! They ran via DVB-C on the HFC Network and / or via UFB.

Never worked via terrestrial TV service.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by Coil Starter Poster
Message 23 of 24 (179 Views)

When I was in the Red House we had the grand idea to issue them as IPTV boxes when Fibre was launched.. Terrible idea.. Performance was shocking. Looked a lot better than Satellite still. 

Starter Poster

by Rentakill Starter Poster
Message 24 of 24 (172 Views)

Hi Coil.

Thanks for the update..

Ive since deposited the box in my Wheelie Bin.

Cheers

Stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 50w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 12 Contributors