Vodafone TV Reset?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Vodafone TV Reset?

by frogme New Poster
Message 11 of 17 (941 Views)

Hi Grantt

We just bought the same unti/model off Facebook Market place. We were told that they used Apple TV therefore had no need for Vodafone TV. He said this was part of a package he got with a free TV so I guess this unit is locked into a contract too?

Are you able to help?

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 12 of 17 (528 Views)

Hi @frogme 

Your best bet is to ask the seller for your money back.  We generally do not provision Gen1 STBs that have been onsold as these remain the property of Vodafone.

Only the Gen2 units sold in stores (Including Vodafone's online store) are able to be re-sold and re-used as these are not given away bundled on an account.

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Highlighted
New Poster

by al3xxxinho New Poster
Message 13 of 17 (265 Views)

Hello,
I recently purchased a Vodafone TV Box with the following details:

2020-09-20_16h16_46.png

After activating it, it is asking for an activation code.

Can this be unlocked ?

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

by ShaunHennessy New Poster
Message 14 of 17 (140 Views)

Hi,

Mine is having the same issue as in these messages. No one at the call center can seem to help me, they wont listen to me when I explain what the issue is. Noel lemming also cant help, at this point I want to return it as its worthless and I am getting some pretty rubbish service from Vodafone call center 

Can you help me please!! 

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Serial

by scotta Starter Poster
Message 15 of 17 (112 Views)
Serial
IMG_20201107_193527.jpg
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Serial

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 16 of 17 (87 Views)

@scotta wrote:
Serial

@scottaPart No: 86627 = is a Gen1 box.

This version of the box can only be used in conjuction with a Vodafone broadband account / Provisioned TV service. Not as a standalone unit. This box is the property of Vodafone and can be returned to Vodafone.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by scotta Starter Poster
Message 17 of 17 (108 Views)
I'm having similar trouble, I bought a version 2 Vodafone Tv box 2nd hand (supposedly it is new) and it appears to be locked to an account. I'm getting the "Looks like we haven't configured your VodafoneTV..." message. When I called the help desk they reckoned there wasn't anything they could do as it was only good for the original account (but didn't check the serial number or anything).

If these are only to work on a single account that is some seriously needless e-waste VF is creating. I'd happily pay a reasonable fee for unlocking/reconfiguring it to cover lost profits for me not buying retail.

If anyone at VF can assist I've posted the serial and other info in the previous post.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 35w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 9 Contributors