Vodafone TV Gen2 issues & quirks

Frequent Poster

Re: Vodafone TV Gen2 issues & quirks

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 11 of 23 (391 Views)

And now I am 15 mins into the terminal hold phone call to VF TV Support as now my box has completely crapped out again.....so much for sitting for 30 mins to watch a comedy and give heart a rest.....maybe I may get lucky, Xena Warrior Princess may answer and sort me out a treat!!  Oh well, will find out in about 60 minutes when they answer and tell me that they don't know what the issue is, again....LOL

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster JamRam Frequent Poster
Message 12 of 23 (310 Views)

@GarethCollins   I have one thing you can try to diagnose.

I have only seen this once but a customer experienced incredibly slow remote response times and it was due to the refelction of the infrared off their plasma screen TV

To test for this, take a piece of cardboard or something else to shield the STB from your TV. Holding the remote underneath the cardboard and close to the STB, see how the STB responds.

Let me know how you get on.

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 13 of 23 (306 Views)

It is definitely not a remote issue, it is a box issue only - it happens on both of our boxes, neither of which are plasma and boxes/tv are located away from any bright lights, etc, particularly our bedroom one.....  

Frequent Poster

Message 14 of 23 (344 Views)

Issues:

• If a show/movie is paused on Lightbox for a considerable length (30+ mins), resuming the show does not deliver any audio. Even when exiting that app, live TV and other apps have no sound until the unit is rebooted

Has been raised with the app vendor. No ETA yet

• When in the main menu, I select Continue Judge Judy, and Tagata Pasifika appears. This also happens when I search for Judge Judy in the guide. See video example here. When I try to record Judge Judy, Tagata Pasifika also shows in scheduled recordings.

This is specific to these shows and a couple of others. The IDs supplied from TVNZ and SKY clash which causes the issue

• The sound effects on the YouTube app are distorted when moving between menu items. Compare this to a Smart TV and you will be able to notice that they are considerably different, with VTV sounding terrible.

I was not aware of this and will follow up

Quirks/Questions:

• The remote appears to have an inbuilt microphone (and button to match), but this just opens the search. Will this have voice search in the future?

Yes, voice search will be supported going forward. Due to lead times for hardware this has been deloyed in advance. For now the button simply opens search

• The box doesn't appear to have automatic standby - is that planned?

See below

• Is CEC planned?

Yes and in partially supported now. Most TV makes/models when turned off will put SB into standby

• I've noticed when watching TVNZ 1 in Auckland, I am getting ads for Christchurch-based businesses, so it seems like I am getting a Christchurch feed with local ad

No, there is no localisation natively

• On the VTV portal, I cannot seem to add another STB. Is that intentional or an error? I only get the option to add a mobile device (coming soon).

Support for up to 5 mulitroom devices will be coming in ~3-4 weeks time

Starter Poster

by TaylorJamesBarr Starter Poster
Message 15 of 23 (333 Views)

Thanks for responding with answers to all of my questions/problems.

Glad to see some progress being made. The programme one with Judge Judy/Tagata Pasifika getting mixed up is very annoying. If it's being going on for quite a while, surely it should be near the top of the defect list to rectify.

Frequent Poster

Message 16 of 23 (303 Views)
OK - thanks for letting me know. If you can respond to my PM we can talk next steps.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

Message 17 of 23 (287 Views)
Hmmm. We have tried to reproduce this today, so have the app developers. No luck on either Gen1 or Gen2. Can you help out a bit please? Does it always happen? Only sometimes? Only certain times of the day? Still happening?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by TaylorJamesBarr Starter Poster
Message 18 of 23 (130 Views)

I can confirm that no audio is received until the box and TV is fully rebooted. This is only noticed after a considerable period of audio being paused. I don't know exact timing, but it still occurs. Could be something with my soundbar, but it's not auto turning off, so very strange.

Also, have discovered another quirk. When going to cast YouTube to the box, multiple listings appear as options.

E6BD41EC-47C3-4ECC-9376-04D2D716E9B1_1_105_c.jpeg

Frequent Poster

Message 19 of 23 (286 Views)
Re above: I’m referring to the Lightbox & Neon >=30 mins pause issue
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Ijd24 Starter Poster
Message 20 of 23 (212 Views)

I have an issue where the box powers on but no picture, sometimes sound, have to unplug and restart pretty much every time. Box works fine once started. 

Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 10 Contributors