Vodafone TV Gen 2 - Won't Turn On

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Vodafone TV Gen 2 - Won't Turn On

by JannaWybrow Starter Poster
Message 1 of 27 (450 Views)

I'm looking to see if anyone else is having issues with the new Vodafone TV Device.  I brought and set up the box - all went fine.  Turned it off overnight and then when I went to turn it back on the next day - nothing.  The light on the front of the box remains red - remote doesn't work.  Standby button doesn't work.  Unplugging doesn't work.  

After 1 & 1/2 hours with vodafone help - they asked me to go back to store (Noel Leeming) and get a new device.  Same exact thing happened.  After another 3/4 hour on help call, was asked me to wait a couple of days and a new software update should fix the problem.  Are they just having me on or is this something that others are being told too.  Would love some feedback.  

Expert Contributor

Re: Vodafone TV Gen 2 - Won't Turn On

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 2 of 27 (448 Views)

I'm returning mine for a refund.

had this issue and a few others.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 27 (444 Views)

No issues with my unit I got Thursday night, Very pleased with it Smiley Happy

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 4 of 27 (436 Views)

@JannaWybrow @Christopher  we are aware of this bug affecting some people and we are expecting an updated release Monday next week. From there we have to test then roll out. Workaround in the short term is to unplug then plug back in power.

For completeness, there are two other bugs affecting some people that are resolved in this release

1. Issues connecting to WiFi (try using WPS to pair or change WIFI channel on router or power cycle STB)

2. Black screen (often resolved by moving to a different HDMI port or STB powering off then on again)

Comms will be going to front line agents today as well.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 27 (430 Views)

@JamRam thank you for your post but unfortunately nothing that I do/instrutions from the Vodafone help fixed the issue - even in the short term.  Unplug/plug in power doesn't work - the box just remains with red light on the front and won't turn on.    The vodafone tv device is unusable until whatever the issue is is resolved.  A bit hard to swallow spending $180 on a product that doesnt' work AT ALL.  .  

Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 6 of 27 (427 Views)

And you bought it from NL and they don't offer refunds.

I'm not going to wait till the software update comes out I am just gonna go for the refund.

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 27 (419 Views)

@Christopher I would hope that Noel Leeming would provide a refund given that the devise isn't fit for purpose.  I will wait the 2 days that Vodafone asked for to see if a software release fixes the problem and if it still unusable after this time, I will be returning and politely demanding a refund.  From where I'm standing, it seems that Vodafone have jumped the gun on releasing the product before carrying out testing.  Lots and lots of issues going by internet chatter.  

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 8 of 27 (412 Views)

They tested it for over a year on a large number of poor users who are signed in and locked into contracts paying a LOT every month with what is called now "gen1" I think.....and trust me when I say those users have had HUGE issues, mostly without support and with vast issues remaining and new ones cropping up constantly.  Vodafone just needs to stick with phones and work on their customer service and give up thinking they can product a box that works.

Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 9 of 27 (403 Views)

@GarethCollins I've offered to help you a couple of times but have not heard anything from you. Is there something I can sort out for you?

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster GarethCollins Frequent Poster
Message 10 of 27 (390 Views)

I can talk to my wife and see what she says, but at the end of the day, we have contacted VF dozens of times, wasted days worth of hours on hold, written to your CEO and board directly, been fobbed off to a snr support person who was rude and unhelpful and are in the midst of sorting out taking VF to the disputes tribunal and TDR and Fair Go.  I and my wife don't see how you will be able to resolve issues if ALL of the above cannot and provide us with a reasonable compensation for the stress this has caused us, particularly as I was stressed while I recover from a quintuple bypass open heart surgery and under doctors orders NOT to be stressed at all.  Will you be able to sort and compensate?  Heck we have not even been told why our box is recording shows we have NEVER watched, which is one basic issue to name but one of several dozen.  And I am also sick of typing emails to VF wasting more time when they seem to be unable to bother to contact us by phone.....I also don't recall you offering to help me but maybe I missed something somewhere.

Stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors