Vodafone TV Demo

Starter Poster

Vodafone TV Demo

by ToniMcDonnell Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (193 Views)

Is there any videos/demos on what Vodafone TV does or can do? Reason I ask is that we have had a Vodafone TV box sitting at home unused since we got it probably close to a year ago. Vodafone kindly gave it to us as a freebie but it was kind of a empty gesture really as we cannot even use the Vodafone TV due to our router being in a different part of the house. Apparently we have to buy another unit to make this work which costs a lot of money. Therefore before spending good money, it would be nice to see what the Vodafone TV is all about first. Can they demo it for me in one of your Christchurch or Rangiora branches or are there some Youtube videos etc? Many thanks.

Retired Staff

Re: Vodafone TV Demo

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 7 (191 Views)

@ToniMcDonnellThe Router should be close to the main TV these days

For anyone else reading this and getting Fibre installed don't let the Fibre installers install the ONT in the garage or in the back bedroom request the ONT be installed in the main living area of the house close to the TV

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 7 (157 Views)

Thanks for the heads up on that John. We are on VDSL as fibre is not in our area yet, about 18-24 months away I believe.

The router has been placed, as recommended by Vodafone themselves, more central in our large home (380sq.m) as we need wifi connectivity throughout.

So based on that, do you think we should move the router close to the main tv and then put a more cost effective item elsewhere in the house to help get wifi to the other end of the house perhaps?

Staff

by Staff grantt Staff
Message 4 of 7 (183 Views)

@ToniMcDonnell 

Any VF store that has Vodafone TV on display should be able to demo the unit to you.

Cheers,

Grant

I work in Media Operations.

Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible.
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 7 (163 Views)

Thanks Grant :-)

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster chch_mike Frequent Poster
Message 6 of 7 (173 Views)

Hi there, I know the Vodafone shop in The Palms has Vodafone TV displayed and working for customers to try.

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 7 (164 Views)

Perfect, thanks Mike, just the info I was after, much appreicated, will head to The Palms. Cheers, Toni

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors