Vodafone TV Cheat Sheet

Highlighted
Staff

Vodafone TV Cheat Sheet

[ Edited ]
by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 1 of 11 (1,065 Views)
Hi Everyone, We have recently created a new Vodafone TV Tips Guide to help with some Frequently asked questions. It includes how to “use the remote” as well as providing a key for the Symbols seen in the TV Menu. We are looking to put this into the TV box for the future, so any feedback is greatly appreciated. (you can private message me if you like) All of these tips were based on customer feedback. Hope you find this helpful. Thanks Vodafone
Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone TV Cheat Sheet

by PrashilLal Starter Poster
Message 2 of 11 (992 Views)

this is quite handy, would like to see all the music channels grouped together in a sequence of channels. thanks

Staff

Message 3 of 11 (890 Views)
Thanks for your feedback. Will definitely make sure I give this information to the product team. Theresa
Starter Poster

by phincuddy Starter Poster
Message 4 of 11 (767 Views)

Where abouts in the tv menu should these colour symbols be showing?  I don't see them at all. 

The options for the SOHO channels are double-lined.

Perhaps add the calendar icon under the RECORD section and explain what it is (while I'm here, how do you even use it?!)

I wonder if you should rename the play/pause button to "PAUSE/UNPAUSE" as this is a more truer descriptor and might stop people clicking the OK button to unpause and have it take you back to the beginning... arrrggghhh lol  Luckily you can quickly forward through using the navigation buttons if the focus is on the scrubber bar, but that's not intuitively easy to figure out since most people will assume the >> forward button is the only way to get somewhere fast.

Out of curiosity, what is the button below the mute button used for?

Staff

Message 5 of 11 (751 Views)
Hi Pincuddy, Thanks for your reply. The coloured symbols are within the TV guide. You will see different symbols next to each programme telling you whether it can be recorded or if it has 3 day catch up etc. In terms of double lines if there is an R in the middle, this means you are able to series record the programme. Not sure what the Calendar icon is referencing? Will pass on feedback about the pause sounds like a good idea. The button under the mute, if your remote has been linked to your TV will let you select the source i.e. Switch between HDMI channels etc. Hopefully this answers your questions. Thanks Theresa
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 11 (747 Views)
Ahh, so the coloured symbols will be a new visual that’s added to the guide onscreen but it’s not yet implemented (hence the reason I can’t see themSmiley Wink)

In terms of the double line, that was just a visual feedback on the PDF layout itself. I think the soho logo has a height higher than the others and this affects the next column to jump on two lines.

The calendar icon shows on programmes when you perform a show search. It’s like a square box with a thicker top line and two little nubs at the top.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 11 (746 Views)
And thanks for the explanation about the button below mute!
Posted from Apple iPhone
New Poster

by jemcarol New Poster
Message 8 of 11 (629 Views)

On the Sky remotes when you hit the return buttom it took you back to the previous channel..Can this be implemented?  Currently on Vodafone TV if you want to return to the previous channel you need to enter the channel number or search for it if you dont know it..  Handy when you are trying to watch 2 channels at once........

Starter Poster

by EBUMANA Starter Poster
Message 9 of 11 (499 Views)

Hope this feature is avaiable on new VF TV Box.

i love this when you are watching 2 channels and dont have to type the channel number everytime.

Great feature.

Staff

Message 10 of 11 (404 Views)

Hi Jem,

Thanks for that insight have passed this through to the Product owner.  We are looking to enhance the current remote in future so will make sure we investigate this.

Thanks

Theresa

Stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors