VTV remote problem

Highlighted
Starter Poster

VTV remote problem

by scotty38 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

I have a new VTV box, and have set up the remote to control my Sony TV.   Strange thing is that after I turn of both the Sony TV and the VTV box with the remote power button at night, the next day if I press the power button, the Sony TV comes on, but not the VTV box.  If I press the power button again, the TV goes off and the VTV box comes on.!!!   This continues repeatedly with both out of sync.  If I manually get them back in sync. they are OK for the rest of the day.  But next day the same thing happens.

Is it possible that something is happening overnight?  I understand that in the early hours of the morning the VTV box comes on to check for updates.

I have reset the remote many times.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: VTV remote problem

by scotty38 Starter Poster
Message 2 of 2 (62 Views)

This is a follow up to the earlier post.  After several weeks of getting fed up with trying to get the VTV box and my TV to turn on and off in sync, I rang Vodafone, explained the problem, and they arranged to send me a new remote. This arrived 2 days later, and lo and behold it fixed the problem!!! 

This was important to me as I had a sound bar with its own remote and I did not want to be juggling 3 remotes to turn on and off.

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 14w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor