VTV multiroom

Frequent Poster
Accepted Solution

VTV multiroom

by Frequent Poster chch_mike Frequent Poster
Message 1 of 4 (328 Views)

I’m sure I have read something about this somewhere recently so apologies if this is repetitious.

One thing I really like about Vodafone TV is with two (gen 1) boxes that are linked, I can go from watching a program in my lounge, then go up to my bedroom and continue watching the same show from where I had left off, and access all the same recorded programs on either box.

I believe the new Gen 2 boxes don’t have this facility yet - can anyone advise the timeframe on when this might be up and running, and whether this would also include linkage to the VTV phone/tablet app?

I think I will end up buying two of the gen 2 boxes fairly soon but would have to have this facility working properly before I do.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VTV multiroom

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)
“The One” Vodafone TV product that has just gone into market will support up to 5 mulitiroom devices. Expected in 3-4 weeks time.
Note that if you go any buy these they can’t be added to your existing BB/Vodafone TV bundled account.
Mobile devices are not yet supported for “The One”. Timeframe is a little less certain. When mobile is ready, log in will be using QR code based pairing rather than username/passwords
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by roputtz Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (266 Views)

Ok, I have multiroom also on my Gen1 boxes, so if I were to purchase a Gen 2 box for another room. it would in affect act as an indepent free view smart device? 

Contributor

by Contributor JamRam Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)
@roputtz yes, that’s correct.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 10w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors