VTV Gen1 NZ-81"Didn't configure before sent" message

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

VTV Gen1 NZ-81"Didn't configure before sent" message

by TimAleksander Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (151 Views)

Hi Team,

I spoke with support and they can't seem to assist here.

I obtained this VTV from a family member who used to be a VF broadband customer. They are no longer a VF BB customer.. They don't seem to have access to their vtv.nz account and are not sure the status of that.
My issue is that we now want to use this device at my home as we have Fibre connected now.. 

Support suggest it might be stuck registered against their account and that is stopping it, they made me do a bunch of resets that didn't play out as they suggested... All resulted in the same error after connecting the network.

Any help would be great!
@grantt Smiley Tongue ?

Thanks

Starter Poster

Re: VTV Gen1 NZ-81"Didn't configure before sent" message

[ Edited ]
by TimAleksander Starter Poster
Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)

So to answer my own question.. I called Support back on that TV hotline number and got them instantly..
The lady was very up front and said if I have a NZ-81 I should throw it in the bin because it won't ever work. Apparently they are "Hard coded" to the origional broadband account.. Once that is closed it won't continue either apparently.

I was offered another one for $5 a monthly but I kindly refused as the existing device is still a paperweight and I don't support waste.. Was going to be nice having 1080P free to air channels.. The sad thing about this is that in a world where we are depleting more resource than what is renewable you'd think that basic software thing like this would not make $170 of hardware null and void. 

Anyway, in the trash she goes! Will happily put a video up of me using it as a clay bird if anyone desires..
Alternatively if Vodafone wants, I'll swap it for a Gen 2 and pay the difference, as long as it isn't $179 of difference.... 

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 7w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor