VF TV catchup chops off the end of programmes

Highlighted
New Poster

VF TV catchup chops off the end of programmes

by EmiSteedman New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (555 Views)

Well, no point waiting for the punchline with this fancy catchup system.  

I was gutted when i discovered I couldn't just record everything like with my old box, have gradually gotten over my disappointment, and pleased that they are slowly adding more content to record and catch up.  Also getting a bit more used to using the catchup, BUT the programmes end quite a few minutes before the end, and so you miss the end of the show, which is sometimes the important bit!

Very frustrated and can't find any setting to change anything that might help.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: VF TV catchup chops off the end of programmes

by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 2 of 4 (542 Views)
Hi Emi, This is something that is currently been worked on at the moment. It does occur sometimes on certain programmes. The good news is, if you use the restart option by reselecting the programme again through the guide, this will definitely have the end of the programme. This happened to me when I was watching a movie the other night. Will reply with more information as it comes to hand. This is definitely not part of the design for this. Thanks Theresa
Highlighted
Staff

by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 3 of 4 (533 Views)

Hi There,

Slight update on this one.  I was a bit backwards with my info Smiley Happy

Catch up is when you play a programme that has already been played out (i.e. not live).

Restart is when you play a programme from the start that is playing out live.

Catch up is fine. Restart is the one that has the problem.

This is going to be resolved as part of a major release but date to be confirmed.

Thanks

Theresa

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster G571 Frequent Poster
Message 4 of 4 (500 Views)

Hi, we have this issue happening all the time also, especially when starting to watch a programme after it has already started, you get near the end then it just cuts off, glad to hear there will be a fix for this but from previous experience when thay say an update is coming it could be months to years before we actually see it

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors