VF TV CONNECTION ISSUES

Highlighted
New Poster

VF TV CONNECTION ISSUES

by kfinlayson New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (108 Views)

Our VF TV consistently drops internet connection when trying to watch live tv as well as the TVNZ on demand & Threenow Aps (the main reason we purchased it!) I would be accepting of the idea that maybe its our internet BUT it works perfectly fine withour dropping connection while watching Netflix - anything else and honestly we can not get more than 5 mins before we are having to turn it of and back on / unplug completly / even have fully reset 

Our internet is fine as we have no issues with anything else in the home and as I said Netflix does not cut out at all - I am beginning to regret our purchase all together 

What modem would you recceomend using for the IDEAL wireless connection for your device?? 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: VF TV CONNECTION ISSUES

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (105 Views)

netflix caches the stream but the others are live, so thats why they are different.

Sounds just like a wifi issue to the box which  is usually a positioining issue or either or both the tv box and modem. Changing the modem wont usuaully solve that  You shoould look carefully at where the tv box is in relation to the modem and if it cant be cabled instead then maybe a wifi extender or similar to improve wifi coverage there.

An easy test is to try the tv unit close to the modem and see if it still does it.

In answer to the ideal wifi solution - thats a WIFI Mesh. Thats where you have 2 or more wifi nodes dotted around the house for complete coverage. You can get these  (eg TPLink Deco) at most electronic reatilers

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: VF TV CONNECTION ISSUES

by Regular Poster AndrewCooper1 Regular Poster
Message 3 of 3 (53 Views)

Ive had the same issue for oer 18 months. Tried I spent over $1500 installing a top of the line WAP WIFI product, and over ethernet, but it doesnt fix the issue. So dont spend money unless you are 100% certain it will fix the failed vodafone box. 

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors