Updated Vodafone tv

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Re: Updated Vodafone tv

by Regular Poster roputtz Regular Poster
Message 11 of 14 (737 Views)
Well besides the multitude of issues we have had since inception, and Vodafone admitting the Gen 1 boxes were intact a beta product and released to soon.

The Gen 2 boxes seem to be an improvement to the older model, are quicker and have more storage.

Why do only NEW customers get to experience a better product when the EXISTING customers who have been with you for the long haul have to make do with your OUTDATED hardware.

Surely we should be able to take our older hardware into a Vodafone store and swap for the newer equipment.

I am assuming all new customers who signup with VT through Vodafone and not just the retail purchasers will be receiving the Gen 2 hardware?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 12 of 14 (734 Views)

The Gen 2 boxes seem to be an improvement to the older model, are quicker and have more storage.

It's hard to say if Gen2 would offer you any improvement over Gen1 without knowing exactly what it is you are trying to solve. They have the same apps, same content, etc. There is no storage on either the Gen1 or Gen2 STB. All of the storage is in the cloud. Gen1 and Gen2 customers have *exactly* the same amount of storage (500G) even though the product originally launched with 200G

Why do only NEW customers get to experience a better product when the EXISTING customers who have been with you for the long haul have to make do with your OUTDATED hardware.

I don't know the answer to this one but economics will have a lot to do with it I'm sure. Let's say you have 1M subscribers and each STB costs $100, the total cost would be $100M to give the majority of customers exactly the same expereince they are currently having. Again, I would need to know your specific problems to say if Gen2 would help you out or not

I am assuming all new customers who signup with VT through Vodafone and not just the retail purchasers will be receiving the Gen 2 hardware?

No. New customers signing up with VTV through Vodafone receive Gen1 at no cost. People buying via retail pay $179 for Gen2. I have no idea if this is going to change or not

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster roputtz Regular Poster
Message 13 of 14 (723 Views)
Aha, thank you for clearing that up for me. Appreciate the prompt and informed repsonses.

Cheers

Robert
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

by Regular Contributor JamRam Regular Contributor
Message 14 of 14 (719 Views)
You’re more than welcome.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 13 Replies